Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2021-02-27 08:55:21

Destry
Website

Re: Fookin' GAFM, again

The Big Tech Detective for Chrome and Firefox shows just how bad and sad the situation is.

(Which might be why Gemini has a small chance at being relevant.)

#98 2021-02-27 16:46:53

bici
Website Mastodon

Destry wrote #329069:

The Big Tech Detective for Chrome and Firefox shows just how bad and sad the situation is.

(Which might be why Gemini has a small chance at being relevant.)

it’s worse that we thought…

…. texted postive

#99 2021-02-28 17:07:18

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Here’s an excerpt from an article by Aral Balkan

Here’s wishing you all a world full of freedom sponsored by Google, privacy sponsored by Facebook, and democracy sponsored by Palantir.

And, if for some wild reason that’s not the world you want to live in, then maybe it’s time for some organisations to take a fucking stand. Start calling surveillance capitalists “surveillance capitalists.” Say no to their money. And stop legitimising these bastards. ar.al/2019/01/11/i-was-wrong-about-google-and-facebook-theres-nothing-wrong-with-them-so-say-we-all/

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#100 2021-02-28 17:18:29

bici
Website Mastodon

…. texted postive

#101 2021-02-28 19:28:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

colak wrote #329076:

an article by Aral Balkan

Nice post! Thanks for sharing.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#102 2021-05-31 19:32:38

zero
Website

Whistleblowers show how Facebook is censoring debate about jabs

The article is also a good overview of wider censorship. It mentions FB shadow banning which is hard to pin down and prove so I’ll just say that Mastodon may be just as bad or worse.

I have observed the (non-)response to balanced, fact-checked posts (I mean personally researched not fake-fact-checks); the total lack of any health, wellness, peace and harmony sites (what kind of alternative do people want?); the shortage of sensible discussion; the people who follow you but never comment (why?); having to hide anything non-mainstream behind content warnings; the preponderance of non-mainstream instances that conflate seemingly opposing points of view, such as the gun lobby with anti-abortion, or anti-abortion with anti-vax, or anti-vax and the right to carry guns at any time etc (so even if you agree with just one post, you are automatically labelled as agreeing with opposing views too).

I think there are too many strange things and too many mind games for Mastodon not to be a breeding ground or learning place for Big Tech infiltrators and influencers. The bottom line is that you just do not know who you are dealing with. Social media?

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

Board footer