Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-09-21 14:18:48

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

dem_link_article: Helper-Plugin for mulitlanguage Sites without plugin

After years of using textpattern without creating my own plugin I would like to present my first one. It´s so tiny I almost feel ashamed to call it a plugin. But if it could help any other person out there it might be worth it.

I know the title sounds a bit controversy but all in all I found this approach a good solution because I was not happy with the URLs of MLP. So I tried for a mulitlanguage page the non-plugin idea with the help of just this little plugin.

I´d like to call it dem_link_articles

This Plugin follows the idea of quinceginger. It should be helpful on bilingual sites.
Quinceginger explained how to link articles with each other and the plugin makes it hopefully more convenient.

It shows and links to which article (title) the current article is linked.
Make sure you have a custom field (custom1) in which you place the ID of the article to link to.

In additon to the linked article it shows the current articles ID on the edit page. (Even if it is already shown in the url for some users that might be easier.)
It also shows the value of category1 and the ID of the linked article, so that you can be sure you are linking to the right language and the right ID if you handle different languages through categories.

I found it a nice way of dealing with different languages if you combine quincegingers approach with Robert Wetzlmayr´s as explained here. And this little plugin should round it up.
(It´s my first one, so please be forgiving)

Hope that helps anybody else. Have fun.

demoncleaner

Last edited by demoncleaner (2014-09-21 22:23:05)

#2 2021-05-13 15:33:02

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

Re: dem_link_article: Helper-Plugin for mulitlanguage Sites without plugin

I just stumbled over this one. Completely forgot that I did something very similar a couple of years ago.
The newer version of this can be found here now.

Board footer