1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » bookmarks

#1 2021-05-08 04:29:09

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

bookmarks

I’m sure that many of you here remember delicious and other such bookmarking sites. I’m thinking of installing txp in a subdomain as a repository of my research notes and bookmarks. The issue is that I would like it to be private. I know that feeds will need to be disabled and that I can use <txp:if_logged_in> around my pages. (I want to avoid .htpasswd as I’m trying to avoid popups.) I am also thinking of creating browser bookmarklets to automate this process as much as possible.

This is one I’m using for adding links in my site:

javascript:location.href='http://www.site.tld/textpattern/?event=link&step=link_edit&url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&linkname='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)

Are there any further suggestions on what else I could/should do?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2021-05-08 06:17:35

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: bookmarks

A very simple solution could be to make the home page just a placeholder with no further links to underlying pages, e.g. just a static html cover with no txp tags at all. The error page likewise. And, as you say, not publishing feeds, sitemap links and other pinging services. It’s not ‘secure’ but should avoid accidental discovery situations.

Then design the rest of your bookmark site to work from a subsection of the site. You’re txp:if_logged_in would keep bots out but you may be just fine with obscurity and perhaps also a meta robots tag with noindex to those for further good measure.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2021-05-08 14:34:48

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: bookmarks

jakob wrote #330065:

A very simple solution could be to make the home page just a placeholder with no further links to underlying pages, e.g. just a static html cover with no txp tags at all. The error page likewise. And, as you say, not publishing feeds, sitemap links and other pinging services. It’s not ‘secure’ but should avoid accidental discovery situations.

Then design the rest of your bookmark site to work from a subsection of the site. You’re txp:if_logged_in would keep bots out but you may be just fine with obscurity and perhaps also a meta robots tag with noindex to those for further good measure.

Hi Julian,

That’s more or less how I’m thinking about it

<txp:if_logged_in not>
<txp:output_form form="some-content" />
<txp:else />
Private content tags etc.
<txp:if_logged_in>

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » bookmarks

Board footer