Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2021-04-19 20:35:41

ibrahima

No more header and footer, only articles

Hi all,
I was playing with themes and something went wrong. Then I deleted themes. My website has no more sitename, log, and footer. Just “boody”. What could have gone wrong? How can I restore the correct structure of the site?
Note: Articles are there but date seems corrupt: displaying code instead of actual date. {period} {qty}

Thanks
Ibrahima

Last edited by ibrahima (2021-04-19 20:55:42)

#2 2021-04-19 21:12:48

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: No more header and footer, only articles

ibrahima wrote #329915:

What could have gone wrong?

Then I deleted themes

I think there’s your explanation there. There are some default Textpattern forms and code snippets that will be used if no form is specifically specified, and it is likely that is what you are seeing if you deleted your themes.

How can I restore the correct structure of the site?

If you want to get back to the standard theme as a basis from which to start over with, you’ll find them in the download package in the /textpattern/setup/themes/ directory (see here on GitHub or simply redownload the zip file from the homepage). Copy the entire directory four-point-eight to your themes directory and re-assign the theme to your sections. You should have the menu, header and footer back.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2021-04-20 05:14:02

ibrahima

Thank you Jakob,
I downloaded and copied the four-point-eight directory to my themes directory.
After reassigning sections, problem not solved.
I didn’t notice any changes. Still no header/footer.
Thank you.

#4 2021-04-20 05:23:52

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi ibrahima,

Did you import the theme to txp. Go to Presentation>Themes, select the theme, then from the pulldown select ‘Update from disk.’

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2021-04-20 05:59:27

ibrahima

Hi Yiannis,
Thank you very much! That brought back my header and footer!! Great!
I am still having articles displaying date code {period} {qty} instead of actual dates.
Any thoughts?
Thanks again everybody for your help.
Ibrahima

Last edited by ibrahima (2021-04-20 05:59:50)

#6 2021-04-20 07:08:51

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I think that you are referring to the code which can be found in Presentation>Forms>default but can you post a url that we can inspect?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#7 2021-04-20 07:25:13

ibrahima

Thanks,
Here

Last edited by ibrahima (2021-04-20 07:28:33)

#8 2021-04-20 07:42:59

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ibrahima wrote #329923:

I am still having articles displaying date code {period} {qty} instead of actual dates.

That’ll likely be a missing language pack. Easiest way to fix it is to go to Admin>Languages and reinstall the Textpack for your site and/or admin languages depending which ones you’re using.

That should fix it, but if not, a quick trick is to do this:

1. Temporarily install a language that is easy enough for you to understand (so you don’t get lost in the user interface!)
  2. Switch both your site and admin interfaces to use this language.
  3. Uninstall the old, corrupt language packs.
  4. Reinstall them.
  5. Set your admin/site languages back to use the correct ones.
  6. Delete the temporary language pack.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#9 2021-04-20 11:26:22

ibrahima

Hi Bloke,
That worked. It was probably an issue with string instead of the actual pack! I looked at other lang files and found out “{period} {qty}” was not used but “{since} ago”. I changed that and it worked!!
Also there is an issue with dates as English puts quantity before days/months, etc. In my language, quantity, number comes after noun: “days 5” instead of “5 days”.
Another issue is that my site does not display dates in my languages (Fulah ff). Dates are displayed in English whilet site/admin language are set to Fulah.
I have to use the “ago” string to display time of publication because “Dec 12, 2017,” would be in English.

Thanks for your help once again
Ibrahima

#10 2021-04-20 11:42:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

ibrahima wrote #329932:

That worked. It was probably an issue with string instead of the actual pack! I looked at other lang files and found out “{period} {qty}” was not used but “{since} ago”. I changed that and it worked!!

Okay, well that changed in Textpattern 4.8.5. Precisely because…

In my language, quantity, number comes after noun: “days 5” instead of “5 days”.

Phil went through and kindly changed all the strings from {since} to {period} {qty} or {qty} {period} depending on language. So if you upgrade to 4.8.5 your date handling of ‘ago’ should improve.

Another issue is that my site does not display dates in my languages (Fulah ff). Dates are displayed in English whilet site/admin language are set to Fulah.

This may be a limitation of PHP (or the version you have installed). Not sure entirely, as I haven’t tested it extensively, but we rely on PHP providing translations of date strings for us.

Could you please post a few examples of what you see and what you expect to see (and what version of PHP/MySQL you’re running please – grab the info from your ‘Low’ Diagnostics). I’ll take a look and try to find out where the issue is. There might be a workaround.

Last edited by Bloke (2021-04-20 11:43:49)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#11 2021-04-20 11:55:58

ibrahima

Hi Bloke,
Thanks for the comments. Ac

Okay, well that changed in Textpattern 4.8.5. Precisely because…

I actually already upgraded to 4.8.5!

This may be a limitation of PHP (or the version you have installed). Not sure entirely, as I haven’t tested it extensively, but we rely on PHP providing translations of date strings for us.

I dont have that issue with Wordpress for instance on the same server.

Could you please post a few examples of what you see and what you expect to see (and what version of PHP/MySQL you’re running please – grab the info from your ‘Low’ Diagnostics). I’ll take a look and try to find out where the issue is. There might be a workaround.

It is mostly days and months or years. I should have in Fulah “balɗe 5” (five days); instead I get “joy balɗe” (days 5).
Hope you I explained it well.
Cheers
Ibrahima

#12 2021-04-20 12:10:56

ibrahima

On Crowdin, I stll have this {qty} {period} ago

Board footer