Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2021-04-15 05:23:08

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

css tutorials

As part of my catching up with all the css3 innovations I came across Kevin Powell whose css tutorials on YouTube are absolutely great for both beginner and advanced users.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2021-04-15 07:13:08

Algaris

Re: css tutorials

Oooo. Thank you, I’ll be subscribing to this channel. It seems like I’m constantly trying to keep up with the latest ways of working these days.

#3 2021-04-15 07:45:27

jakob
Admin
Website

colak wrote #329827:

Kevin Powell whose css tutorials on YouTube are absolutely great for both beginner and advanced users.

Thanks! Funny you should mention him. He’s new to me but just yesterday I saw a notice about his Flexbox course being currently discounted: www.flexboxsimplified.com. Just don’t know if I have 4.5 hours time to watch them all…

Two more people posting some really good tips at the moment are:

• Stephanie Eckles. See: moderncss.dev and this recent live-coding talk on CSS Café (YouTube Link) where she walks through some good tips. There’s no index but she does show her Table of Contents repeatedly if you want to get an overview of what’s in it.
  • Ahmad Shadeed. See ishadeed.com and his e-book Debugging CSS with typical problem cases.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2021-04-15 13:11:05

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

ishadeed.com I always found a bit on the light side, not bad but very basic. His RTLstyling site is an excellent introduction on that subject. moderncss.dev only recently came to my attention. It looks interesting, certainly. But for some reason that site renders my MBA crazy whenever I hover over something. fans blasting full speed etc. No idea why, maybe the content blocker. Luckily the site has a full content feed, I can read the articles quietly.

No opinion on those tutorials on YT.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#5 2021-04-15 13:24:37

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I subscribe to a bunch of Web Design Channels and Kevin is one who really stands out.

#6 2021-04-15 13:43:04

marios2

great find, thanks.

rgrds, marios

Board footer