Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2021-03-27 15:21:48

zero
Website

Re: Author/Artist Request | What I'd Like In A Textpattern Training Course

etc wrote #329505:

I’d like to see a theme that just illustrates the roles of page, form, style, etc, without any ‘real site’ stuff (SEO, portfolio and so on). A bare minimum, but not too ugly :-)

I really like that idea, someone here should be able to produce something good like that, myself included but I’m getting very s l o w s l o w s l o w nowadays.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#14 2021-03-27 16:28:12

bici
Website Mastodon

jakob wrote #329500:

I updated Marie Poulin’s tutorial and theme files last year. See this post for the download link and screenshots :-)

It is still rather basic, though.

how did i miss that! ;-) Thank-you.
Unfortunate that it wasn’t done as a full blown responsive re-design and as real site, which could be used as a basis for personalizing a site. i.e as a bootstrap.

I will try it out, when i get some time. But like i said NOT as a theme. I have never successfully managed installing a theme, which says more about me than the technology. I like to “clone” the default installation and work with parallel Forms Pages and Styles. I usually duplicate and rename the default to xxxxORI etc. and then over write xxxx with the new info.

…. texted postive

#15 2021-03-27 16:41:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

bici wrote #329522:

I like to “clone” the default installation and work with parallel Forms Pages and Styles.

That’s what a theme is :)

Instead of cloning your existing theme, mucking about with it and then publishing it via the multi-edit Developer preview>Deploy to live feature, you could drop someone else’s theme in your /themes directory and import it in parallel.

You could then assign assets from this theme to just one section of your site – even a new section. And preview it. Play with it. Maybe you want just the /blog section to look a bit different. That’s fine. Mix and match which bits from which theme you want on each section and Deploy that section to live when you’re happy.

It’s perfectly okay to have more than one in use at once, even on a live site.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#16 2021-03-27 16:46:36

bici
Website Mastodon

Bloke wrote #329523:

That’s what a theme is :)

It’s perfectly okay to have more than one in use at once, even on a live site.

The penny drops

…. texted postive

Board footer