Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2021-02-17 16:41:48

Destry
Website

Re: GitHub access

Thank you. That will undoubtedly help.

If you already have a repo, is there some initial commands to use to git it recognized and git innit and widdit? ;) Sorry, could not help playing with those words.

I guess once I run through the setup/config steps, it’s just jump to the commit fun?

Oh, one more q… I assume you can go back and forth with the CLI and client until you’re fully CLI-certified?

#14 2021-02-17 17:30:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Destry wrote #328937:

If you already have a repo, is there some initial commands to use to git it recognized and git innit and widdit?

Yep. Depends which way you want to go Server -> Client or vice versa. If you’ve made your repo on the server you can simply:

$ git clone https://github.com/wion/project_name

Done.

If you want to make it on the client first, then do as I mentioned above: make a bare repo on GitHub to house it (I’ve not found a way to push a completely fresh repo from Client-> Server so suspect it can’t be done unless you use the API), cd into your project and set it up to track by either using git remote to add the destination on GitHub or make some local changes, add/commit them, then finally git push -u origin main to push and track in one command. After that, once they’re connected, you can just do the add/commit/push dance.

Oh, one more q… I assume you can go back and forth with the CLI and client until you’re fully CLI-certified?

Yep.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2021-02-18 07:35:09

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Destry wrote #328937:

That’s what I do. The repo itself is portable by design, so if you change from CLI to a GUI, any competent Git client will carry on, maintain the history and not ‘watermark’ it as its own.

Board footer