Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2021-02-16 07:33:17

Gallex

Fatal error

upgraded 4.7 > 4.8.4
PHP 8.0

what this error means?

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: set_error_handler(): Argument #1 ($callback) must be a valid callback or null, function "adminErrorHandler" not found or invalid function name in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php:69 Stack trace: #0 /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php(69): set_error_handler('adminErrorHandl...', 32767) #1 {main} thrown in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php on line 69

4x already reinstalled – nothing changed

#2 2021-02-16 08:02:19

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Fatal error

Can you check what plugins you have installed on that site?

And if you are able to set PHP back to 7.4 or 7.3 do you see the same error?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2021-02-16 08:40:23

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

There were some PHP 8 issues that slipped through the net in 4.8.4. This might be one of them. Could you download the current 4.8.5 branch and try that? We’re only a day or two away from release, with luck, so it’s production ready.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2021-02-16 09:22:29

Gallex

jakob wrote #328899:

Can you check what plugins you have installed on that site?

And if you are able to set PHP back to 7.4 or 7.3 do you see the same error?

downgraded PHP 7.3

Warning: set_error_handler() expects the argument (adminErrorHandler) to be a valid callback in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php on line 69

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Textpattern\Admin\pluggable_ui() in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Admin/Theme.php:160 Stack trace: #0 /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php(147): Textpattern\Admin\Theme::init() #1 {main} thrown in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Admin/Theme.php on line 160

#5 2021-02-16 09:37:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Gallex wrote #328902:

Call to undefined function Textpattern\Admin\pluggable_ui()

That is the strange part. It’s as if the Theme is trying to find that function (which is actually in txplib_admin.php now – it used to be in txplb_misc.php) in the Admin/Theme class instead of looking for it as a global function.

I know you’ve said you’ve updated the files a few times but here goes anyway:

• Have you definitely updated textpattern/index.php to the latest version that came with 4.8.4 and ensured it’s not cached somehow?
  • Does lib/txplib_admin.php exist and is readable?
  • What Admin Theme are you using?
  • As jakob says, can you disable your plugins in the database by setting the status flags to ‘0’ and try again. If that works, switch them on one by one and see which one breaks it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#6 2021-02-16 10:18:07

Gallex

Bloke wrote #328903:

I know you’ve said you’ve updated the files a few times but here goes anyway:

• Have you definitely updated textpattern/index.php to the latest version that came with 4.8.4 and ensured it’s not cached somehow?

not sure it’s cached or not… i’m using FileZilla for files upload

• Does lib/txplib_admin.php exist and is readable?

yes and readable (0644)

• What Admin Theme are you using?

hive

• As jakob says, can you disable your plugins in the database by setting the status flags to ‘0’ and try again. If that works, switch them on one by one and see which one breaks it.

will try this

meanwhile upgraded to 4.8.5

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function doAuth() in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php:150 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php on line 150

#7 2021-02-16 10:38:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Well that’s a different error than before so something has changed with whatever you just did.

All these “call to undefined function” issues seem to be related to files that aren’t up to date, or a plugin that’s failing because it’s trying to use functions that used to be in one file and have now moved. Are you using any front-end login plugins like mck_login or cbe_frontauth? The doAuth() function has never moved though, so I honestly can’t see it being that.

Maybe filezilla is not updating all files? Sometimes it does that if it thinks they’re not newer (e.g. a dstestamp issue).

#8 2021-02-16 11:00:13

Gallex

Bloke wrote #328906:

Well that’s a different error than before so something has changed with whatever you just did.

All these “call to undefined function” issues seem to be related to files that aren’t up to date, or a plugin that’s failing because it’s trying to use functions that used to be in one file and have now moved. Are you using any front-end login plugins like mck_login or cbe_frontauth? The doAuth() function has never moved though, so I honestly can’t see it being that.

Maybe filezilla is not updating all files? Sometimes it does that if it thinks they’re not newer (e.g. a dstestamp issue).

yeah, looks like updating issue… disabled all plugins and… same error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function doAuth() in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php:150 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /www/apache/domains/www.sakulava.ee/htdocs/textpattern/index.php on line 150

#9 2021-02-16 11:18:30

Gallex

went through all the files in /textpattern folder and they were all up-to-date. but folders ‘last modified’ date were wrong.

live page itself working well, but it doesn’t let me logon to admin side…

#10 2021-02-16 12:14:14

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Gallex wrote #328909:

went through all the files in /textpattern folder and they were all up-to-date. but folders ‘last modified’ date were wrong.

live page itself working well, but it doesn’t let me logon to admin side…

Try this:

• rename /textpattern to /textpattern.old
  • upload new /textpattern directory, /index.php and css.php
  • copy /textpattern.old/config.php to /textpattern/config.php
  • make sure permissions are suitable for your hosting
  • try to log in

#11 2021-02-16 13:44:27

Gallex

gaekwad wrote #328910:

Try this:

• rename /textpattern to /textpattern.old
  • upload new /textpattern directory, /index.php and css.php
  • copy /textpattern.old/config.php to /textpattern/config.php
  • make sure permissions are suitable for your hosting
  • try to log in

bingo! issue solved, thank’s guys!

#12 2021-04-15 14:48:11

gavnosis
Website

I’ve just noticed this issue, too, and I am (or was) using cbe_frontauth

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function txp_validate() ...textpattern/plugins/cbe_frontauth/cbe_frontauth.php:637

And then also noticed that cbe_frontauth doesn’t seem to be listed on the plugins page anymore either? Should I be using something else??

Bizarrely, none of the plugins installed on my site are shown anymore either (I’ve just gone into the database using PHPMyAdmin and changed the status of cbe_frontauth to 0 to at least get rid of the worrying looking message).

And shall try and fix as per the recipe above

Board footer