Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2020-12-31 13:39:17

kirito

Re: Textpattern 4.7 php 7.1 mail function not working[SOLVED]

Bloke wrote #327930:

If you’re using mck_login for this functionality then the mem_* plugins won’t help. I don’t have a copy of mck_login unfortunately. I believe it’s not been updated since the Txp 4.7 changes, so is still using the old mechanism of sending out the password in plaintext.

What it should be doing is using the newer methods to send out a password reset link which people click to set a new password. Txp then takes care of sending out further notices such as “your password has been changed”.

I was using mem_* on a blog with 4.6 on altervista and was working for a couple of years. Now I’m moving on OVH and trying mck_login because mem_* doesn’t work for me… mck_login is quite there, it works except for the reset password procedure: it sends a link, but you click the link, it opens the home page and nothing happens.

The plugin probably just needs patching slightly. We haven’t added it to our Plugins repo yet. If you could please send it to me, I’ll see if I can figure out how to patch it.

I would be happy to do what you ask. Do you mean this repo ? How can I upload a plugin there? Anyway, I have a fork of it on github. I’ve changed nothing, forked just to be sure it doesn’t get lost. github.com/gas-kirito/mck_login
If you could patch it would be amazing!

#12 2020-12-31 13:55:51

Bloke
Developer
Website

kirito wrote #327937:

Do you mean this repo ?

Yes. If you want to contribute there, nominate a plugin or simply open a PR against the repo to add the JSON file(s) of the plugins.

I have a fork of it on github.

I’ll see if I can patch it there and offer a PR.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#13 2021-01-02 17:38:45

kirito

I was able to hit the goal mixing mck_login and cbe_frontauth+cbe_members. Far from perfect, but somehow works. More details here.

Anyway, it would be amazing to have make mck_login fully working with a secure procedure for registering and reset password. We’re on the verge of greatness :)

Board footer