Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-12-23 09:27:35

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

[docs refresh] Schedule for tag documentation

As part of the continued development and improvements to Textpattern and its platform, we are beginning a user-focussed refresh of our documentation site. This project is in the ‘planning & scheduling’ stage, and I have drafted a proposed schedule of what tags we should address throughout 2021.

The schedule is here (GitHub).

As I write this, it is December 2020, specifically week #52 using ISO week date standard. This week number approach is how I have split the tags across the year, with various factors including tag similarity / groups, time of year and so on.

This is a flexible schedule that can – and likely will – change as we find our way. If you have comments or observations on it, please speak up! Any or all of it can be rearranged, it is a working document.

The overall aim of the docs refresh project is to use the collective knowledge, experience and brainpower of forum regulars to help improve our platform further. We have a treasure trove of information, tips, hacks, kludges and other invaluable resources tucked away in this forum. This is where our collective knowledge can be harnessed: maybe you have a clever way to do something with a tag, or can improve the existing wording, or even want to rewrite it to make it more useful…this is what we’re looking for.

Each week, a new thread will be started with the tasks assigned for that week. If you wish to be involved, you are very welcome to contribute. If you wish to be quiet, just observe, or simply ignore the thread: no problem. There is never any pressure or obligation.

The first reply to this thread will be a copy of the schedule linked above, along with links to each docs page and the respective forum discussion threads. It will be updated as schedule changes are made.

Last edited by gaekwad (2020-12-23 09:33:17)

#2 2020-12-23 09:27:46

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: [docs refresh] Schedule for tag documentation

Reserved for schedule.

Board footer