Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#889 2018-10-30 23:04:13

Kris

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Thank you very much for maintaining your plugin after so many years.
I have an issue with this update: I can’t delete articles from the cart, also I can’t update the quantity. Is someone having the same issue?
(I am using PHP 7.2 and txp-4.7.1)

EDIT: I found a solution: I didn’t realize immediately that I had to update some code when I updated to the newest version of yab_shop (I was updating from a version before v0.7.0).

<txp:yab_shop_cart output=“message” /> had to be changed to <txp:yab_shop_cart />, because attribute value: output=“message” doesn’t exists any more. Also, I had to place <txp:yab_shop_cart output=“none” /> into my checkout section. I can now update quantities in the card without issues.

Last edited by Kris (2018-11-07 19:16:15)

#890 2018-11-07 20:38:49

Kris

There is a new error:
yablo_shop_v0.8.3 seems to be incompatible with txp_4.7.1 because it uses the function is_windows() that is apparently not supported anymore. (is_windows() still used in txp_4.6 but not above)
Therefore checkout fails and no email with the customer orders is created. I noticed that the yablo demoshop also has a fatal error during checkout.

We just removed that function from the code. No bad side effect until now. Formatting of email is normal and everything works.

#891 2018-12-12 15:17:26

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Oh thanks Kris for pointing out. I really should check my plugins against new TXP versions.

But here’s the bugfx for TXP 4.7.1: yab_shop v0.8.4

#892 2019-02-15 18:47:51

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

This following changes seems to avoid Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes error message on installation (within TXP 4.7.2):

CREATE TABLE `yab_shop_prefs` (
				`prefs_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
				`name` varchar(170) NOT NULL,
				`val` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
				`type` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
				`event` varchar(18) NOT NULL default 'shop_prefs',
				`html` varchar(64) NOT NULL default 'text_input',
				`position` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
				UNIQUE KEY `prefs_idx` (`prefs_id`,`name`),
				KEY `name` (`name`))

And into the yab_shop_admin file the “Save” button:

$out .= n.'</tbody>'.n.endTable().
		graf(fInput('submit', 'Submit', gTxt('save_button'), 'publish').$submit).
		n.n.'</form></div>';

Can be changed by:

$out .= n.'</tbody>'.n.endTable().
		graf(fInput('submit', 'Submit', gTxt('save'), 'publish').$submit).
		n.n.'</form></div>';

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#893 2019-02-27 03:50:52

arellanon
Website

If this works it will be great. So far the databases won’t load. I installed yab_shop v0.8.4 followed the instructions hit save and only the preferences are saved. Do I need to change the code as described above or is all the updates in the current release? I searched the code and could not find “CREATE TABLE `yab_shop_prefs` ( “ so which code do I replace it with.

Regards, Nick

#894 2019-02-27 10:47:25

jakob
Admin
Website

You’ll find that bit in the code here.

The bits that Pat changed are I think just the numbers after varchar. If your database is set to utf8mb4, you can run into the Specified key was too long… error and one way of resolving that is not making the variable character fields so long if they don’t need to be 255 characters.

The other code was here and just makes the button text display properly.

If it didn’t install for another reason, see if you can provide the plugin author with more information on what you’ve done (e.g. installed plugin and activated it) along with any error message you got.

Trenc is still around but only visits the forum irregularly so you might want to mail him if you need direct assistance.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#895 2019-02-27 17:11:49

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi guys,

thanks Patrick for the code and the hint.

So here is a bugfix release: yab_shop_0.8.5.tar.gz

Changed:
  • bugfix: 4.7-ready save button
  • bugfix: MySQL yab_shop_prefs name and val varchar size changed to 191 to prevent hitting the limit. It’s now safe for InnoDB and utf8mb4 (767 bytes)

#896 2019-02-28 01:43:59

arellanon
Website

Thank you for updating your plugin. It works on 7.2 PHP and TP 4.7.3. I see how it is developed to be it’s own website as explained in your instructions. Before I go that route, I really want to make the store as part of my existing site. I have been experimenting, but I haven’t come up with the perfect solution yet. What advice would you have to make this happen?

Regards, Nick

#897 2019-08-14 15:08:49

admi
Website

trenc wrote #316783:

Hi guys,

thanks Patrick for the code and the hint.

So here is a bugfix release: yab_shop_0.8.5.tar.gz

• bugfix: 4.7-ready save button
  • bugfix: MySQL yab_shop_prefs name and val varchar size changed to 191 to prevent hitting the limit. It’s now safe for InnoDB and utf8mb4 (767 bytes)

By the way, is there any chance to replace PayPal with other payment system? Technically, PayPal Url has to be replaced in the PHP code. Is that possible to do? (A client suddenly decided to sell some stuff from the TXP site, I don’t have any desire to change TXP for a CMS with a shopping cart). Thanks!

#898 2020-12-12 23:40:17

pexman

Can`t understand, why yab_shop shows so different output. The same article_listing-form and the same template, the only different is, what I`ve wrote in the article-textfield.

I`m using yab_shop 0.8.5, it is exactly, what I need. Some test-articles you can choice between variations with different prices and yab_shop changes the field “price” to the new bill, the next article yab_shop don`t want. It is in this time all experimental, you can`t buy anything in my yab_shop.

So, perhaps somebody can solve the mystery about a shop, which seemingly start working, if my pictures are able to exiting, its so , so, I can`t say it in another way, somehow female, isn`t it? Everything can have a soul, for example my car, my little catamaran, but a shop?

Please have a look on
https://arteurope.de/articles/
( a picture , which yab_shob don`t want to make it more expensive about the offered variations)

https://arteurope.de/articles/FotoTischlein
(you can make it more expensive, no problem)

In the second case a javascript will generated in the output source what displaced the old price. The first example don`t get this script, but its the same template, same code.

What can I do?

#899 2020-12-13 00:16:22

uli

Hi pexman! When I call that article with its very own URL https://arteurope.de/articles/FotoOpenPentagon, then that shop page works! Just don’t display the shop itself on the section page.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#900 2020-12-13 00:54:33

pexman

The solution to that riddle, thankyou, I would never have thought of it. Nice dreams Uli, I go to bed.

Board footer