Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-12-08 17:52:25

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

txp meeting

Tomorrow, Wednesday, afternoon at 5pm UK time, Pete and I will be speaking on meet.jit.si/textpattern about some technicalities of txp sites in various environments. Whoever wishes to join will be most welcome.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2020-12-08 18:42:44

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: txp meeting

Would love to be there, but I have a French lesson just then so won’t be able to make it. Désolée !

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2020-12-09 07:36:48

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

jakob wrote #327364:

Would love to be there, but I have a French lesson just then so won’t be able to make it. Désolée !

It would have been lovely to see you. There will be a next time.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2020-12-09 08:47:33

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

colak wrote #327374:

There will be a next time.

I was thinking about this – I know Hilary organises events and canvases people for the best time, but we really should make more of a thing of video events, even just to have other ways of getting the Textpattern massif outside of this forum. I like the idea of a monthly gathering, even if there’s no formal agenda each time (though that could obviously be arranged).

For completeness, the Jitsi scheduled for today came about as Yiannis and I were discussing Content Security Policy, and while it’s not strictly Textpattern-centric, there are quite a few things I’ve learned from managing the Textpattern web stuff over the past three or so years that I am very happy to pass on.

One of the things I’ll be referring to is our own CSP setup for textpattern.com etc, which is here:

github.com/textpattern/server-config/blob/master/servers/files/trident.textpattern.com/etc/nginx/sites-available/www.textpattern.com.conf

…so if you’re interested in CSP stuff, and you are OK listening to a bearded British guy explain nerd things in a sensible way, you are very welcome to attend. There will be plenty of time for q&a, and we can definitely go off agenda once the CSP stuff is covered, so if you have any queries relating to our own web operations, or anything like that, please do say hello.

(There is no charge for the event, but I hope it’s valuable to you.)

Board footer