Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-12-07 10:37:26

kimon107

Multi-Lingual

hello i am new member and i jave a project to finish for my master degree! I want your help in one thing , how to have Multi-Lingual in my textpattern.
i want to mention that i don’t know how to write a code and i am newbie in programming . i searched the forum but i didn’t found a helpful article .
thank you for attention!

#2 2020-12-07 12:34:52

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Multi-Lingual

Hi Kimon and welcome to txp.

Could you tell us a bit more?
Do you need all your articles to be made available in other language(s)?
Do you need to have some articles in one language and others in another?
Do you need articles where 2 or more languages are present?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2020-12-07 12:59:06

kimon107

first of all thanks for the quick support ! i want 2 language menu .
I want to have in my site a button with the langauge. for example like all pages they have and to answer your question i need all articles to have the different language !
in coclusion menu,articles, forms etc all

#4 2020-12-07 13:09:28

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

You may want to check this suggestion by etc, one of our developers.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2020-12-07 13:20:54

jakob
Admin
Website

There are different ways of approaching this depending on how complex your site is. Can you tell us some more about your needs. Some ideas by way of example:

• A really simple way is to make a en and fr section (or whatever your languages are) and assign the different articles in your site to the respective section. That gives you the option to give each article a different own-language url, e.g. /en/about-us and /fr/a-propos but is only really suitable for sites with simple structures, e.g. that don’t have sub-sections.
  • You can make articles with several body fields in one article using a custom-field plugin, e.g. a body_en and body_fr. You can then show the respective language content depending on the active language. The url of the article has to be in one language, so you would only have /about.
  • You can set up pairs of sections and pairs of articles in each language and then link them via custom fields, e.g. you’d have a custom field that links a-propos to about (and vice-versa) and similarly for sections. Your sections and articles can be in their own language, e.g. vegetables/cucumber and legumes/cucumbre. It’s very flexible but requires you to prepare languages and link sections and articles carefully.
  • There’s also a dedicated plugin called MLP, but I’m not sure if it still works with recent versions of Textpattern.
  • The variant that Colak posted is another way as well.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#6 2020-12-07 13:50:18

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jakob wrote #327326:

There’s also a dedicated plugin called MLP, but I’m not sure if it still works with recent versions of Textpattern.

It doesn’t, unfortunately. The pageless section approach, linked to by colak, is the best native way we have of managing multi-lingual content right now.

It is one of our long-term goals to permit true multi-lingual content within the CMS but we’re not there yet.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#7 2020-12-12 16:26:48

kimon107

A really simple way is to make a en and fr section (or whatever your languages are) and assign the different articles in your site to the respective section. That gives you the option to give each article a different own-language url, e.g. /en/about-us and /fr/a-propos but is only really suitable for sites with simple structures, e.g. that don’t have sub-sections.

sorry for dealying cause i had some problems
senondly thanks for your responses
third i want that part in my site cause is gonna be simple

Board footer