Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2017-10-18 10:13:52

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_tabber: create custom admin-side tab structures

jpdupont wrote #307432:

https://mysite.be/textpattern/index.php?event=old-site?cmd=search&words=Herbeuval&mode=normal&p=0

You have two question marks in the URL, which probably won’t be helping. The one before cmd should be an &. Looks like the plugin or your code is just tacking the search results onto the end without taking into account the existing URL params.

If you manually change the URL to use an ampersand, does the restricted area message go away? If so, we need to trace back and find out why the URL is being mangled.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#38 2017-10-18 10:55:40

jpdupont

Bloke wrote #307434:

You have two question marks in the URL

That was the mistake! I should have seen it, so obvious. Thanks Stef!

#39 2020-11-23 10:50:53

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi,

I installed the plugin in a txp 4.8.1 and it worked, i used a page with an smd_query to get some DB data, but it tells me that: smd_query tag does not exist (Before you ask smd_query is installed and activated)

I used the same code in the a txp 4.5.7 installation and it worked!

has something changed to throw this error ?

Thanks.

#40 2020-11-23 11:47:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Dragondz wrote #326985:

I installed the plugin in a txp 4.8.1 and it worked, i used a page with an smd_query to get some DB data, but it tells me that: smd_query tag does not exist

Probably because the smd_query plugin is type ‘0’ (load on public side only) but you’re trying to use it on an admin tab. You’ll need to nudge it to type ‘4’ in the database to get it to respond on the admin side too. No idea why it’d work in 4.5.7 though, as there’s nothing I can think of that’s changed in the plugin loading regard since. Unless you’d already altered the plugin’s type there?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#41 2020-11-23 12:04:41

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi Stef thanks for answer, i put smd_query as working on both public and admin and it worked.

But that s not explaining why it s working on txp 4.5.7 and not in 4.8.1!

Did that means that we cant use public plugins on smd_tabber now ?

Cheers.

#42 2020-11-23 12:23:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Dragondz wrote #326988:

As far as I recall, you never could. Might be wrong. Might have been because we moved some admin functions to a dedicated file that is only loaded on admin panels, but I’m not sure.

#43 2020-11-23 13:03:39

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Dragondz wrote #326988:

Bloke wrote #326989:

As far as I recall, you never could. Might be wrong. Might have been because we moved some admin functions to a dedicated file that is only loaded on admin panels, but I’m not sure.

All tags-processing functions are in txplib_publish.php which had never been included on the admin side AFAIR. This said, you can try to include_once it in the plugins code.

#44 2020-11-23 14:33:39

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

etc wrote #326990:

All tags-processing functions are in txplib_publish.php which had never been included on the admin side AFAIR. This said, you can try to include_once it in the plugins code.

Hi Oleg

I tryed that but it s not working, the only solution (and a simple one) is tu make the plugin i want to use in smd_tabber as public+admin type plugin.

Cheers.

#45 2020-11-23 15:26:03

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Dragondz wrote #326992:

the only solution (and a simple one) is tu make the plugin i want to use in smd_tabber as public+admin type plugin.

Yes. No matter what else is going on with core files, the plugin type governs where a plugin loads. If it’s not designated to run there, it’ll get skipped.

Board footer