Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-11-17 22:26:19

bici
Website Mastodon

delayed URL Redirects with a message display for 10 seconds

Not strictly a TxP how to …. but what is the best way to to direct from one url to another and display a brief 10 second message before heading to the new URL? Via .htaccess? some Php mojo? or a combo? cannot find any definitive How To via a search. any tips? thanks in advance

…. texted postive

#2 2020-11-17 22:31:28

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: delayed URL Redirects with a message display for 10 seconds

Hi bici,

Some options are discussed here (stack overflow) using meta refresh with a seconds delay or different javascript timeout / wait scripts. Chris Ferdinandi also gives a good how-to on performing an action after a set amount of time using vanilla javascript.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2020-11-23 01:48:59

bici
Website Mastodon

jakob wrote #326893:

Hi bici,

Some options are discussed here (stack overflow) using meta refresh with a seconds delay or different javascript timeout / wait scripts. Chris Ferdinandi also gives a good how-to on performing an action after a set amount of time using vanilla javascript.

Thanks. i did as suggested and it worked out fine. 4 days later the client changed their minds and wanted the webpage <dead> … so all for naught, but i learned something nifty. <silver lining>

…. texted postive

#4 2020-11-23 10:14:48

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

bici wrote #326983:

[…] 4 days later the client changed their minds and wanted the webpage <dead> … so all for naught, but i learned something nifty. <silver lining>

LOL. Happens to me as well – regularly even. Usually it last a little longer though. I learned a few .htaccess tricks on the way.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer