Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-11-17 18:59:59

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Twitter showing duplicate entires

Jack Dorsey sent me here to tell you guys that if you keep double posting he will have to give you the same treatment he gives our dear Leader of the free World.

My beard is in competition with Jack’s, next up is a nose ring ;)

#2 2020-11-17 19:16:01

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Twitter showing duplicate entires

hcgtv wrote #326889:

Jack Dorsey sent me here to tell you guys that if you keep double posting he will have to give you the same treatment he gives our dear Leader of the free World.

Touché

…. texted postive

#3 2020-11-18 07:21:01

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Retweets.

#4 2020-11-18 09:07:54

Destry
Website

Txp would probably get more serious looks from the fediverse than it will ever get from the white noise black hole that is twitter. Just need to step up efforts.

Not saying you should drop one for the other, but a little more effort to where attention might be higher quality is not unwarranted. And put the mastodon button in the footer alongside the twit’ and git’ pair to show how with it Txp is.

One good idea since human resources are minimal would be to create a mastobot to auto post blog links there, and perhaps key forum threads; say ‘core development’, or whatever. But don’t rely on that only. Nobody likes a bot-only account. A little humanity and not too much personality goes a long way.

A growing number of people in the fediverse are not big fans of GitHub, though many are nevertheless on it (because, big tech monopoly syndrome). And a lot are into flat-file systems (opportunity to market Txp’s flatfile side). But they are huge proponents of open source and alternative choices, among other sensible ideals in the world. They are smart and colorful rebels of every denomination, which is why I think we should sing them our Siren song. The kind of people we should want here, I think.

Board footer