Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-11-17 07:40:24

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Powered by website.informer.com

On the Textpattern.com website, there’s a sidebar called Featured at:

Supposedly, the links displayed right under that verbiage are supposed to be Textpattern sites.

I decided to click on the second link: graphicpush.com

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php(4401) : eval()'d code:114 Stack trace: #0 /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php(4401) : eval()'d code(25): tla_decodeXML('HTTP/1.1 301 Mo...') #1 /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php(4401) : eval()'d code(120): tla_ads() #2 /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php(4401): eval() #3 [internal function]: php(Array, '\r\n\r\nfunction tl...') #4 /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Tag/Registry.php(116): call_user_func('php', Array, '\r\n\r\nfunction tl...') #5 /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php(542): Textpattern\Tag\Registry->process('php', Array, '\r\n\r\nfunction tl...') #6 /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php(466): processTags('php', '', '\r\n\r\nfunction tl...') #7 /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/t in /home/graphicpush/graphicpush.com/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php(4401) : eval()'d code on line 114

Clicking on the links takes you to the Informer site and it usually says the Textpattern site is dead, don’t bother going there.

Anyway, why can’t you just put up links to 10 sites that you know will show off Textpattern, as opposed to sites crashing and unhappy smiley faces.

#2 2020-11-17 08:42:59

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Powered by website.informer.com

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2020-11-17 08:47:47

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Ok, already covered, we get a lot of that here :)

Maybe the devs can tell us what Informer, the guys who bought PunBB and destroyed the community behind it, is paying them.

We’ll take up a collection.

#4 2020-11-17 08:48:37

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I think that it pays the costs of the domains and hosting of the txp sites.

I’m with you re the PunBB fiasco though!

Last edited by colak (2020-11-17 08:51:04)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2020-11-17 09:01:17

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

colak wrote #326856:

I’m with you re the PunBB fiasco though!

Don’t get me started, it splintered a very tight community of like-minded individuals, we were there because of the lightness of PunBB compared to phpBB.

At present, there still isn’t a forum script that I would run over the forked FluxBB.

Then over at FluxBB, the dev who took over after the original forkers bailed, decided to bide his time between FluxBB and Flarum.

So what’s left to do? Fork it again, this time, do it right.

#6 2020-12-04 08:50:59

Destry
Website

hcgtv wrote #326853:

I decided to click on the second link: graphicpush.com . . . Fatal error...

Kevin and tribe moved to Germany about the time we shuttered CSF, and he was engulfed by his new CMO role at DocuWare. I’m sure he’s just insanely busy doing other things now and struggling with German and doesn’t even realize his site has a problem. Low or no priority, as it were.

Devs, maybe a heads up to him via the forum mail would lead to a fix, if nothing else. Maybe it even helps him decide if gp is something he wants to keep anymore.

#7 2020-12-04 12:31:00

kevinpotts

Yeah, sorry. Dreamhost did a PHP and/or MySQL upgrade a million years ago and it broke everything. Because the site was so dependent on duct-taped code and mouldering plugins, upgrading TXP versions didn’t help and in the end I ran out of time to export the DB and start over. The Textpattern admin interface doesn’t even allow me to login anymore. It has 15 years of content and it was just too much work with everything else I have going on.

(If anyone wants a small dev gig, I’d be happy to give you the DB tables with content to put into a fresh TXP (non-themed, no-plugin) install.)

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#8 2020-12-04 12:33:32

kevinpotts

And holy cow it’s been 7 years since I visited this forum. Life is long and weird.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#9 2020-12-04 12:42:36

jakob
Admin
Website

kevinpotts wrote #327262:

(If anyone wants a small dev gig, I’d be happy to give you the DB tables with content to put into a fresh TXP (non-themed, no-plugin) install.)

Hi Kevin, nice to see you drop by again.

I can help out if you like. It may not be all that much to do. Send me a message via the forum if you’re interested.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#10 2020-12-04 17:06:01

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

jakob wrote #327264:

I can help out if you like. It may not be all that much to do. Send me a message via the forum if you’re interested.

For what it’s worth, I’ve worked with jakob on stuff just like this and I highly recommend him.

Board footer