Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-11-01 14:12:10

Gallex

development section

i accidently changed section ‘uudised’ environment to development.
https://pasteboard.co/JylSeEI.png

i want to change it back, but it doesn’t do it! from a bottom of a page (change theme/page/style) i chose:
https://pasteboard.co/JylUt4j.png
it says: section updated! but in reality it didn’t, still the same picture i pasted above. 5x times already tried! how i can get rid of it (development)?

Last edited by Gallex (2020-11-01 14:13:37)

#2 2020-11-01 14:34:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: development section

Select the uudised section, choose Developer preview from the multi edit, and choose Reset to Live. That will ditch the development assets and put the live ones back in place.

Alternatively, use the change theme/ page/style and make sure to check the Live checkbox as well before confirming.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2020-11-02 07:40:29

Gallex

Bloke wrote #326635:

Select the uudised section, choose Developer preview from the multi edit, and choose Reset to Live. That will ditch the development assets and put the live ones back in place.

this way it worked

Alternatively, use the change theme/ page/style and make sure to check the Live checkbox as well before confirming.

this way didn’t

thank you!

#4 2020-11-02 09:21:39

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Gallex wrote #326649:

this way didn’t

It will have made it live. It’s just that it’ll also keep the development lane available for your own testing. That allows you to push your current in-dev changes to the live site and then carry on working in a dev environment, to iterate templates if that’s the way you prefer to work.

Also, if you don’t want to take advantage of the developer preview feature, you can turn it off in prefs, then your section edits will go back to operating in exactly the same way as before: immediate change to all live visitors.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer