You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#81 2012-06-02 11:27:50

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: smd_prognostics: monitor your Txp installation for suspicious activity

tye wrote:

is it just informational?

Yep. Spam messages usually trip the filter (I’ve only had one false positive so far, which is shame, but acceptable). You can choose to use the info to tweak the settings so fewer messages get marked, or just turn that bit off.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#82 2012-06-04 23:02:53

tye
Website

Thanks Stef – I don’t mind the notifications, at least I know its working :)

#83 2017-10-02 11:52:55

uli

Since a little more than a week one of the sites I’m monitoring is exposed to more than 30 attacks1 (I didn’t keep all the mails). Can I do something to make these fools drop my URL from their cheat sheet?

I remember Ruud once published something to keep certain requests in an infinite loop, IIRC, but unfortunately I didn’t bookmark that, and my investigations were unsuccessful so far.

1 smd_prognostics_preamble_sql_inject [..] m=member&c=index&a=register&siteid=1

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#84 2017-10-03 09:42:57

ruud
Developer emeritus
Website

@uli, doesn’t ring a bell. Btw 30 attacks = 30 requests? For one week it’s not that much. Just keep everything up to date and ignore the attempts.

#85 2017-10-04 22:27:56

uli

OK then

ruud wrote #307275:

For one week it’s not that much. Just keep everything up to date and ignore the attempts.

Well, OK, I thought it’s much as I look(ed) at every report email, after having silence for ages and everywhere else.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#86 2018-07-20 20:04:55

miles
Website

@bloke Is this plugin compatible with 4.7? I have installed it and made a few pref changes then I get blank screens on all the tabs, apart from the menu tabs at the top.

Desperate to use this plugin :)

#87 2020-10-24 23:39:47

gomedia
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Stef, not withstanding one rabbit-hole I’ve disappeared down today, here’s another strange one.

Recently I did some updates on the local version of my website and, in blissful ignorance, transferred everything to the live hosting thinking everything was fine. A while later I noticed a PHP parse error message on the live version.

After a bit of hacking around I discovered that if I disable smd_prognostics on the local site I see the PHP error message as well.

On both, the php.ini setting for display_errors is On. The local site’s production mode is Debugging, the live site is Live.

I know it’s not the hosting because when just using local site:

• if smd_prognostics disabled, I see PHP errors
  • if smd_prognostics enabled, I only see PHP errors is Production Status is Live

I can see from the plugin code that smd_prognostics might be fiddling with the value of PHP’s display_errors, but can’t quite reconcile why or how it’s different when the Production Status changes.

Board footer