Textpattern CMS support forum
For the first time, I’d like to try using the multi-site ability of TXP.
But how can I install existing sites on a new multi-site installation? The instructions seem like it all needs to be a fresh install.
The instructions are indeed for a new setup, but there’s nothing to stop you:
- Setting up a central repository of Txp files in a /textpattern directory.
- Setting up MySQL database instances and importing the databases from your respective sites into them.
- Creating directories under the ‘/sites’ directory for each site and putting any relevant site-specific content in them.
- Running /setup for each domain and aborting after it’s done the symlink creation part.
- Log into each site to finish the setup/prefs adjustment.
Or something like that. Not tried it, haha. If you have a look at the Alternative multi-site scenarios in the multi-site guide it might give you some ideas on how you can use it for various setups.
Last edited by Bloke (2020-10-24 19:51:39)