Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2020-10-24 14:45:47

zero
Website

Re: Get last time that site was modified, or latest server time

colak wrote #326541:

In reality copyright should be on a per article basis, not site-wide. So if a site started in 2015, the first article could have a 2015-20 copyright but if an article was posted in 2019, that should be reflected in the copyright too. Check how I’m dealing it in the NeMe site, at the bottom of the page, in the grey band.

I like how you’ve made NeMe into a link. That makes it obvious your website should be contacted regarding any copyright questions.

In the UK, every original work is automatically copyrighted and has the same protection whether the copyright is declared or undeclared.

It is strongly recommended, however, to include copyright to deter copyright infringement. With copyright notices being so common in the footers of websites, anyone who infringes cannot then plead ignorance if it goes to court.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#14 2020-10-24 15:45:42

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

What about this, guys ?

@<!-- 4.8.4+ -->@
<small>Copyright &copy;&thinsp;<txp:variable name="year" trim>
<txp:article_custom fields="max(posted)">
<txp:posted format="%Y" />
</txp:article_custom>
</txp:variable>
<txp:article_custom fields="min(posted)">
<txp:evaluate query='<txp:posted format="%Y" /> = <txp:variable name="year" />'><txp:posted format="%Y" /><txp:else /><txp:posted format="%Y" />&ndash;<txp:variable name="year" /></txp:evaluate>
</txp:article_custom> <txp:site_name />, all rights reserved.</small>

Last edited by Pat64 (2020-10-24 15:47:36)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#15 2020-10-25 10:15:48

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

etc wrote #326539:

There is blog_time_uid pref that might fit here, but it is preset to 2005 and never modified afaik.

See also forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=50745

Board footer