Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2020-07-06 13:18:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Bibliography management

Okay, fixed. Have standardised on Title since it’s arguably a title vs what we usually refer to as a ‘name’ (that usually represents some sanitized form of the Title for use in URLs or filenames or something).

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#74 2020-07-06 16:44:15

Destry
Website

Bloke wrote #324316:

Have standardised on Title

Agree, Title is arguably better. Certainly my preference. Thank you.

#75 2020-09-22 23:15:35

Destry
Website

Jacob/Julian,

A suggestion for the jcr_custom_link plugin…

Automatically add custom link fields to the Links panel display table options dropdown list. This way the table can be better displayed to the customized fields, which would be very helpful for the bibliography, especially as the required ‘Title’ field is often ‘void’ in my case (due to the type of sources), so not very useful as a citation identifier. Without any custom field columns (especially custom ‘author’ field) it’s hard to scan or recognize specific sources from the table.

Also, for Team Textpattern,

This probably isn’t the norm situation for most users of the links panel, but in this case where links is serving a big role as a biblo management system, it would be really convenient if there were a ‘Duplicate link’ feature in the edit view of the links panel.

It’s an edge case, I guess, but when researching old texts, it’s quite often the case that they are published as a set of volumes, so you have different sources that are nearly identical (author, series name, city …), enough that where it’s different it is easier to edit from a duplicated link than to have to create a new link each time and fill in all the data.

Last edited by Destry (2020-09-22 23:17:52)

#76 2020-10-14 13:55:58

Destry
Website

I will update the txp install soon to latest. But then I started realizing my reliance on jcr_custom_link and how that requires editing the language file (iirc)? Much time effort is in my biblio now. Can I update without having to recreate those custom fields? (Yes, I will back up the db.) That would really knock the wind out of me.

Should I just avoid updating that language file?

Last edited by Destry (2020-10-14 13:56:38)

#77 2020-10-14 23:12:29

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Destry wrote #326383:

I will update the txp install soon to latest. But then I started realizing my reliance on jcr_custom_link and how that requires editing the language file (iirc)? Much time effort is in my biblio now. Can I update without having to recreate those custom fields? (Yes, I will back up the db.) That would really knock the wind out of me.

Should I just avoid updating that language file?

Everything is stored in the DB, right? then you should not have any problem upgrading (at least my usage of a plugin that adds some custom text items via the language table always works correctly after upgrading)

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#78 2020-10-15 06:35:45

Destry
Website

Now that you mention it, I guess ‘languages files’, as I was thinking of them, are actually database tables, not files on disc. Not sure why I had that notion in my head.

I should poke around in the system more before seeking assurances.

Board footer