Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2020-09-10 18:38:32

zero
Website

Re: Tag for static section on homepage only

Well, it’s certainly minimal! I noticed one or two things ~

The front page shows categories and this is the only navigation to articles, except for Search which might bring up an article in its results.

But when viewed on a narrower viewport, Search disappears as does the site name too.

You have this in your stylesheet page:

<div class="box">
<div>
<txp:link_to_home><txp:image id="2" /></txp:link_to_home>
</div>

<div>
<txp:link_to_home>
<txp:site_name float="center" />
</txp:link_to_home>
</div>

<div class="push">
<txp:output_form form="search_input" />
</div>
</div>	 

<txp:site_name /> cannot have a float="center" It is also an invalid css rule (unless it has become part of the flex css of which I know nothing). Consequently the site name and Search are positioned to the right of the image. I think you probably want to do something like this instead:

<div class="box">
<div>
<txp:link_to_home><txp:image id="2" /><br /><txp:site_name /></txp:link_to_home>
<txp:search_input />
</div>
</div>

Congratulations on creating the most minimal Textpattern site I’ve ever seen!

Last edited by zero (2020-09-10 19:12:12)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#50 2020-09-10 19:23:39

gu

Re: Tag for static section on homepage only

>edited to include the another key reason I chose Textpattern

Hi Zero! I smiled so much when I read your comment about the site being minimalist! I know – and also, it was my goal :) cf. building what we want, just the way we want it…

But to advertise why I chose Textpattern for this: while my ‘design’ (if we may be generous towards me for a moment) may be minimal, it is taking full advantage of inherent capacities to TXP (e.g. interlinking, the potential for multiple authors – and also because, unlike a wiki, one can change the interface: also, I will possibly change some things to cater to user vision once they join. Textpattern affords such flexibility as opposed to the readymade).

Actually, I realise I have a question: is there a max number of users on Textpattern? What happens if they all contribute at the same time?

To return to your comment about the code, yes my CSS includes flex. Also, about the narrow viewport, the CSS should take care of that, too. But I only tested it on devices I had on hand…

The “page” was such as I tried to follow the instructions on how to submit a theme. But it is possible that I did not understand.

Dear Zero, thank you for writing. I know that my project is super simple (and think I have stated that from the start) but I hope you are not disappointed! …at least amused :) Greetings!

Last edited by gu (2020-09-10 19:50:04)

<!— space for hope —>

Board footer