Textpattern CMS support forum
- Core designer
- From: Haslemere, Surrey, UK
- Registered: 2009-06-11
- Posts: 3,360
- Registered: 2020-08-27
- Posts: 44
Re: Make default template more user ready
> edited to try to say something more useful, from the mouth of a programming babe, just to submit 2 cents:
- if I were advertising this to people, I would promote it to a potentially new audience through IndieWeb; there’s even https://txp.kpw.fyi/articles/step-3-add-support-for-receiving-webmentions site on IndieWeb textpattern
- also there is a good external learning page on texpattern http://ipsedixit.net/txp/116/textpattern-quickstart-hello-world. One or both of these resources were written by former textpattern devs
- I am sharing this because at some point, if I make it through the weeds, I would like to try to share an explanation of how I did my set up because I think that textpattern offers something very unique for x-professionals, like teachers, so they should use it. Think of how neat it would be for x-professionals, to interlink to each other’s sites through webmentions and such and for x-contributors, like students, to actually see their work go “live” – I do this already but I am hoping the new site design will improve this (if I ever get it done).
- as for the learning pages on the textpattern site, I would like to point out that there is a link 404 to Page templates (reached through the article/tags page).
- I am really struggling with 1) the search results and 2) the categories showing the articles they contain. Useless anecdote: I fixed 2) late last night but in trying to solve 1) lost the solution – and think I will delete lots of things to start again… (also a useful tip in writing).
Last edited by gu (2020-09-05 07:43:22)
<!— space for hope —>