Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-08-26 12:38:25

zero
Website

SOLVED: Excerpt disappeared

After writing a rather long article, I wrote an excerpt. Then I thought I’d copy it into the Description field. But as soon I did Ctrl + C, the excerpt disappeared and I can’t find it. I mean the Excerpt field and everything in it, the Use Textile and preview etc. How do I get it back? It’s still there on other articles.

Last edited by zero (2020-08-26 13:57:46)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2020-08-26 13:46:20

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: SOLVED: Excerpt disappeared

this is really strange!! Did you refresh? can you post a screenshot?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2020-08-26 13:57:04

zero
Website

colak wrote #325574:

this is really strange!! Did you refresh? can you post a screenshot?

You have a way of saying the right things, Yiannis! I had refreshed, opened, closed Textpattern etc but it still missing. I thought it must be some keyboard sequence I accidentally did instead of Ctrl + C, but I tried all sorts to no avail. But when you mentioned refresh, it made me think it was Firefox because it is really sticky with its cache and needs constantly refreshing and closing down. And yes indeed, in Opera the excerpt is there. And now after restarting Firefox after clearing the cache (but not without a restart) the excerpt is there again. Problem solved.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#4 2020-08-26 14:46:10

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

zero wrote #325575:

Problem solved.

👍

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2020-08-26 23:20:42

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

zero wrote #325573:

[…] But as soon I did Ctrl + C, the excerpt disappeared and I can’t find it. I mean the Excerpt field and everything in it, the Use Textile and preview etc. How do I get it back? It’s still there on other articles.

That is really odd. I have seen browsers not displaying updated content after visiting the affected panel etc a second time, but flat-out a part of the UI vanishing is a new one.

Did you happen to “Save” (ctrl + s) after copying the text (and pasting in the Description field presumably)?

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#6 2020-08-27 08:22:14

zero
Website

I’m sorry but I haven’t been able to reproduce it no matter what I try. I highlighted the text, pressed Ctrl + C and the whole excerpt field disappeared. I then tried to paste it into the Description field but all I pasted was something I had pasted earlier, which means that my Ctrl + C on the excerpt contents must not have happened, I must have done something else instead. But I’ve tried every combination of possibilities and cannot reproduce it. I use Ctrl + S regularly and +X +V +C but nothing else.

In my Firefox, when I hold left mouse down and move mouse to highlight some text, on letting go the text is highlighted and there’s recently been a little A in a small box at the position I let go of the mouse button. I’ve tried various things with that but to no avail.

So the return of the excerpt is solved but its disappearance remains a mystery. Investigations will continue …

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

Board footer