Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-08-16 20:52:30

dberladyn
Website

New to Textpattern

Hi all,

I am new around here. Many many moons ago I had probably found Textpattern early in its development. I just installed it last night. It sure is a nice change from fiddling with Wordpress. I wish I had found and tinkered with Textpattern sooner as it seems to be a great way to write simple web-pages without using an editor, ftp program, etc. It seems to make writing quick and easy. Although it looks as though I am going to be hit with yet another learning curve.

I have to admit that I am little disappointed to see a less active forum here. Less users, etc. On the plus side; keep it simple stupid; less is more.

I appreciate the simplicity,

Dan

#2 2020-08-16 21:03:56

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: New to Textpattern

Hi Dan and welcome,

Despite the smaller size of the community, I hope you’ll find that we’re friendly and helpful, and that it’s easier to follow as a result. Many of the forum members are long-time users and we’ll do our best to help you find your feet.

You may have already seen: Textpattern is easy to get writing with right away. While it is less ‘point and click’ than WP with its innumerable plugins and themes, it is extremely customisable to your own needs.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2020-08-16 22:05:29

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Hi Dan. Glad to have you on board.

As jakob says, we’re pretty responsive here due to the nature of not having to firefight 30 million users so if there’s anything you need on your learning curve, by all means shout. The documentation is being rewritten but we’re getting there. For a quick overview that might help orient you, check out Textpattern in two minutes. That has lots of further reading which should help you get your head round how the tags work and interplay with your content in the database.

Happy Textpatterning!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2020-08-17 09:49:00

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

dberladyn wrote #325391:

I am new around here.

Welcome!

I have to admit that I am little disappointed to see a less active forum here. Less users, etc. On the plus side; keep it simple stupid; less is more.

Summer months (for northern hemisphere) tend to see less activity, but there are smart regulars around here who are very good at what they do. I’m biased, obviously, but this forum is one of the highest quality I know of, and the signal to noise ratio tends to be very good (with a few out-there threads now and again that tend to self regulate).

Board footer