Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2020-07-06 12:05:25

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: Livestream sessions - Textpattern, web dev, admin tours

colak wrote #324311:

I’m slowly preparing a shortcode with a GDPR complient consent which would allow users to embed videos

Yes! That’d be insanely helpful to demonstrate, thank you.

I’m also thinking that I could learn a thing or three if someone walked me through how to do a fairly unobtrusive yet comprehensive cookie consent bar. Those ones that refuse interaction at all with the site – can’t even scroll – until I’ve answered, bug the hell out of me. I’ll usually just go and find another source instead of wasting time checking 90 boxes and opting out of the dark UX patterns (click the tiny ‘Manage Choices’ link, click the tiny ‘Manage consent’ link, select stuff only to be faced with two buttons: ‘Go back’ (where?!) or ‘Accept all’… like, I don’t want to accept all, I’ve just opted out of them all, but clicking Go Back takes me to the manage choices page and doesn’t save anything… grrr).

Anyway, yeah, lots of things would be very helpful to learn from people who have gone through the site design process and optimised/innovated around it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#12 2020-08-01 07:04:56

colak
Admin
Website

Re: Livestream sessions - Textpattern, web dev, admin tours

Here’s a request for this thread:) Can one person volunteer to do a livestream session explaining the previewing of how themes work? As Stef mentioned elsewhere, this is fairly unique to txp and it would be good to have some video documentation and hands on simple walk-through about this process.

Also

Bloke wrote #324314:

I’m also thinking that I could learn a thing or three if someone walked me through how to do a fairly unobtrusive yet comprehensive cookie consent bar. Those ones that refuse interaction at all with the site – can’t even scroll – until I’ve answered, bug the hell out of me.

Check here, which refers to this one which appears on all NeMe pages.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | LABS | State Machines | NeMe @ github | Covid-19; a resource
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer