Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2020-07-21 16:37:12

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Textpattern Plugins site BETA is now live

Does anyone have a compiled version of rah_pathways?

I realize this doesn’t affect anyone who uses composer but not everyone does. Having plugins with no compiled version and no support forum thread in the registry honestly isn’t that user-friendly to me.

#38 2020-07-21 16:47:45

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

michaelkpate wrote #324740:

Having plugins with no compiled version and no support forum thread in the registry honestly isn’t that user-friendly to me.

It’s a valid point and one we will hopefully address soon. In cases like this I’m hoping we can either prod the author to compile one, or if that’s not viable we compile ourselves and hold in the files folder of the site itself.

We just need to get Textpattern 4.8.2 out the door in next couple of days or so and I’ll revisit the plugins beta site with a few additions.

#39 2020-07-22 11:19:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

michaelkpate wrote #324740:

Having plugins with no compiled version and no support forum thread in the registry honestly isn’t that user-friendly to me.

This is a likely to be a short-term issue. In 4.7+ you can upload plugin .php and .zip files, albeit they’re not verified and the results may be nebulous depending on how the plugin is structured.

From 4.9+:

• You can upload .txt, .php and .zip files.
  • You can paste in .txt file content OR a URL pointing to a .txt, .php or .zip file in the upload textarea. This will be improved further (soon) to fetch the content via cURL in case the hosting environment restricts URL consumption.
  • ALL plugins go through the verification step so you can see exactly what it will do.
  • Upgrades will (soon) be possible directly from the Plugins panel.
  • There are plans to consider allowing you to decide which parts of a plugin are installed, but that’s not set in stone yet.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#40 2020-08-08 07:18:26

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I just noticed that the site’s menu links to themes.textpattern.com which in its turn, returns a 403 when clicking on the Themes link. Should the plugins site temporarily link to https://textpattern.com/themes until the Themes site is completed?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#41 2020-08-10 08:37:39

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Thanks Colak – fixed that now.

Board footer