You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2020-07-18 14:01:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Empty config file

zero wrote #324687:

Headers has 403 Forbidden

Okay, well that’s kind of something. Certificates and security setup are likely candidates, as you say. If you have a CSP in place then it might be preventing scripts from loading or being called in particular manners (such as via Ajax). But that wouldn’t explain why you can save articles and not Forms/Pages (and Styles?) because they use the same mechanism.

The usual culprit is the host’s security filters being triggered and them simply refusing the payload because it looks like spam. If that’s the case, you can often supply them a copy of what you’re trying to send (either the Form contents or the entire contents of the Request tab of the Network panel) and they’ll make changes their end to allow that type of request to go through unimpeded.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-07-18 14:02:49)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#14 2020-07-18 14:22:38

zero
Website

Thanks Stef. I disabled the ssl certificate – no change. Re-enabled – no change.

I’ll do as you say, sending default form, search_input form, article_listing form and the 3 pages. As far as I can make out those are the only things that are rejected. They are the basic forms, nothing added after install.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#15 2020-07-18 18:26:50

zero
Website

They sorted the “Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again later” problem by adding this to the .htaccess

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Regarding the original problem of the empty config file, he replicated it for a subdomain with no SSL, then installed SSL and forced it, and was able to install normally.

So in future, I MUST make sure SSL is installed before trying to install txp, and remember the .htaccess mod
I MUST make sure SSL is installed before trying to install txp, and remember the .htaccess mod
I MUST make sure SSL is installed before trying to install txp, and remember the .htaccess mod

Thanks!

EDIT: For anyone having this problem in future, I am using hosting that uses Direct Admin control panel. On Cpanel I’ve never come across the problem so think it’s more automatic on there, whereas Direct Admin is a bit less obvious to navigate and install a certificate.

Last edited by zero (2020-07-18 18:48:34)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#16 2020-07-20 09:08:25

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

I had a feeling this was modsecurity at work. Anecdotally, I’m seeing it more and more at bigger web hosts, especially the ones that get consolidated by acquisition.

Board footer