Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-07-12 05:49:52

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Static counter

Hi all ;)

I need advice. I use the paypal link “success return” in order to update a “stock” custom field by checking a parameter into URL (the article ID).
To avoid multiple decrementations on page reloading, I want to add a simple counter set to 1 that change to 0 after processing.
I tried to add a static variable, but I failed…

Here is the code into my “thank-you” page:

<txp:php>
/**
 * Check the Paypal referer ("www.paypal.com")
 * and decrease the corresponding custom_field.
 * Page dependency: "occasions" or globaly if
 * product stocks have to be updated.
 */

if (parse_url($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], PHP_URL_HOST) === 'www.paypal.com' && 0 != $count) {
	if (null != gps('sid')) {
		static $count = 1;
		safe_update('textpattern', "custom_7 = custom_7 - 1", "ID = '".gps('sid')."'");
		safe_repair('textpattern', $debug = false);
		--$count;
	}
}

</txp:php>

Last edited by Pat64 (2020-07-12 06:31:48)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#2 2020-07-12 07:08:25

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Static counter

A static variable, or any variable, will only survive a single page load. Once you refresh, it’s gone and needs to be set again.

You’ll need to set some flag in the database to be sure. Something in the article maybe? Or some unique token in the txp_token table with a long expiry? You can then look for that token via the incoming sid. The txp_token table has a reference column that you can use to set the article id of the article just processed.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2020-07-12 07:33:39

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Re: Static counter

Ok. Thanks lot Stef.

I will investigate.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

Board footer