Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-07-02 06:58:03

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Client's acces to new theme development

Please, could you clarify how works “Clients access” only for development themes? (see: https://textpattern.com/weblog/426/feature-focus-live-pageless-sections-for-hidden-content)

A client of mine had “Managing Editor” role and he couldn’t see the new theme in development. I had to change its privileges to “Admin” the only way to alow this feature.

(Note: I’m a big fan of themes and use it intensively 😜)

Last edited by Pat64 (2020-07-02 07:00:50)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#2 2020-07-02 08:11:19

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Client's acces to new theme development

Managing Editors should have access to this feature. Do they have Enable development theme preview? enabled in their prefs? Without that, they’ll see the public site, regardless of development status.

EDIT: Mind you, if they didn’t, that wouldn’t explain why it worked when you switched them to Admin. Hmmm.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-07-02 08:25:18)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2020-07-02 08:48:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Client's acces to new theme development

Cannot reproduce, sorry. In 4.8.2-dev at least (and as far as I can tell in 4.8.1 too), Publishers, Managing Editors and Designers can all see the in-dev theme assigned to a particular section if they have Enable development theme preview? switched on. Visit prefs, check the pref radio button state is Yes, and Save prefs regardless when logged in as that user, to be sure.

If you’re still having issues, please supply further details about your setup and we’ll look into it.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-07-02 08:48:57)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer