You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » newsletter

#1 2020-06-25 12:52:42

Gallex

newsletter

hi!

is it possible to create form, collect emails and send newsletter with textpattern native tags? or are there any working plugin?

#2 2020-06-25 13:10:44

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: newsletter

Depends what you mean by ‘newsletter’. If you mean ‘email the contents of an article’ then there’s an old plugin mem_postmaster that can do that, but it doesn’t work in recent Txp versions (I think 4.6 was the last supported version, maybe even 4.5.7).

If not, you could roll your own using com_connect and a suitable glue extension plugin that could link to some third party system. I have ext_mailchimp for example, though it needs updating for the newest MailChimp API.

Failing that, I have a newsletter plugin in development that slots into some new Txp 4.8.x features. But that’s not ready yet and might be some time.

So in short, no not really without some work. And if you do go this route, btw, be very careful about what you collect/store and that you give users the appropriate rights to double opt-in and unsubscribe.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2020-06-26 07:20:02

Gallex

Re: newsletter

Bloke wrote #324012:

Failing that, I have a newsletter plugin in development that slots into some new Txp 4.8.x features. But that’s not ready yet and might be some time.

good news! i will wait and use mailchimp so far

1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » newsletter

Board footer