Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2020-05-29 21:43:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: MarsEdit error: mt.getCategoryList

kuopassa wrote #323420:

if the RPC system’s TXP_RPCServer.php uses $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA, then: PHP.net says that is deprecated.

True. We seem to be covered in the constructor (I hope):

function __construct()
    {
        global $enable_xmlrpc_server, $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA;

if (!$HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA) {
            $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA = file_get_contents('php://input');
        }

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#26 2020-05-29 23:54:05

mistersugar
Website

Success! MarsEdit works again with Txp v4.8.1-dev. Thanks a million for resolving this.

My Diagnostics pre-flight check only warns that I am using a dev version. Is it safe for me to continue with v4.8.1-dev on my live site, or should I roll back?

Last edited by mistersugar (2020-05-29 23:56:02)

#27 2020-05-30 00:28:13

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Yay! This RPC issue, now resolved, is the green light for 4.8.1 so you’re effectively using the stable version, albeit not tagged as such.

Unless we find anything deal breaking, I’d expect a final release over the weekend.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#28 2021-02-15 09:19:59

cschack
Website

Hello! Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I wondered if anyone had figured out how to add custom fields to MarsEdit? I’v tried adding using both my own name (“external-url”) as well as custom_1_set, which is what I managed to glean from the database. (I’m not exactly an expert on this). Has anyone had any luck with this? Thanks for any input. (From what I understand, xml-prc is on its way out, but I still like using MarsEdit, but until that point…)

Board footer