Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2020-05-26 09:24:41

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: What Texteditor do you use for TXP-Tags?

jakob wrote #323279:

Personally I find Transmit less garish than it was, […] I have Forklift too for FTP, which is much more reduced than Transmit but … if you’re not paying attention and have a lot open you can mistake the window for the Finder which isn’t a problem with Transmit.

The Transmit window(s) is/are fine as is, column view and all. I am less happy with the checkboxes on the inspector pane, but that is a minor issue. The horror is in the sheet that pops up for every other (trans)action.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#14 2020-05-26 10:03:49

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

For me it s Notepad++ simple and fast

#15 2020-05-26 10:34:48

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I use Sublime Text at the moment. Been through a heap of code editors and this one has stayed the longest. I don’t have any syntax highlighting for .txp files in it but I don’t edit them that much offline.

I’ve also installed Visual Studio Code at the recommendation by another developer I met recently. It looks okay but I haven’t invested much time in using it so it’ll probably just rot unless I find a compelling reason to switch from Sublime.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#16 2020-05-26 15:58:48

bici
Website Mastodon

I never knew about Sublime. just downloaded it. So far i like it.

That area to the right which is a small pane of the file is kind of weird. i’ll see if it can be toggle it off.

…. texted postive

#17 2020-05-26 18:03:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

bici wrote #323299:

I never knew about Sublime. just downloaded it. So far i like it.

It has its foibles, but it’s largely a good piece of kit. The multi-select-and-instant replace feature is pretty neat. It’s fairly standard now in editors but highlighting something and hitting CTRL/CMD-D to select each successive matching entry in the file, then hitting escape puts you in Multi Edit mode where you can alter all those selected entries at once.

Same with Alt-clicking and dragging to select the middle of a bunch of lines and edting all of them at once. Great for prefixing stuff. And suffixing works well if you select the last character and alt-drag down; it selects the last character of every row, regardless of how many characters are in it (ragged-right select). Very neat.

Some of the plugins are superb. Git gutter is brilliant as it shows you changed lines in the editor via red/yellow indicators and allows you to roll back changes or view diffs right there in the editor. DocBlockr is great too. Type a function in, put the cursor above it and enter /** then tab/enter and it creates a doc block above the function with as much info as it can autofilled from the function you typed.

That area to the right which is a small pane of the file is kind of weird. i’ll see if it can be toggle it off.

View->Hide Minimap :)

Last edited by Bloke (2020-05-26 18:07:07)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#18 2020-05-26 19:45:54

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

If some of you wealthy Mac owners could help with MarsEdit testing..? It’s about the last 4.8.1 blocker afaik.

#19 2020-05-27 07:41:19

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

etc wrote #323307:

[…] wealthy Mac owners […]

I’m more peasant-tier…

…but I’ll take a look.

#20 2020-05-27 14:43:39

marios2

Thanks for your input everyone. To summarize, the following Editors have been suggested and are used by the Textpattern community for TXP tags.

• BBedit
  • Atom
  • Coda
  • Sublime Text 3
  • Notepad ++
  • Textmate

As I have mentioned, I can easily set up a snippet in Textmate with Stopvariables ( unlimited).
The commands I have do not work at the moment in Textmate2 ( I’ll net to contact support ).

Regards.Marios

Board footer