Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2004-12-02 01:14:11

Trip
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] txp.icio.us - Del.icio.us bookmarks made easy

Thanks greenrift!

Having a problem with this error though:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /hsphere/local/home/yellowd/yellowdatto.com/textpattern/publish.php(767) : eval()’d code on line 59

I am assuming it is referring to this line below?

$GLOBALS['exclude_tags'] = implode('|',$exclude);

If I use the exclude attribute it works fine. If I don’t use exclude I get the above error. What’s going on here?

Also, I see no gibberish files in my txp_img directory. Is that the only way to check the cache is working?

Update: Obviously confused about the correct image dir here! Hadn’t been using the textpattern images facility, noticed it wanted an images dir. Created it. Can now see the caching file. However, still get the original error if I do not use exclude.

Cheers

Last edited by Trip (2004-12-02 01:25:15)

#14 2004-12-02 04:07:22

Jennifer
Website

I updated the plugin, and still nothing.

Bummer.

#15 2004-12-04 21:07:36

valdok
Website

I’m using Magpie version .7, and no dice. I’m using RC1.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Last edited by valdok (2004-12-05 19:57:33)

#16 2004-12-04 21:26:00

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Find the line that says:

if( !defined('MAGPIE_DEBUG') ) define('MAGPIE_DEBUG',(DEV) ? 2 : false); // Display debugging notices

Then change the (DEV) ? 2 : false part to just say 4 (any nubmer greater than 1 is good enough).

Then save the plugin, double/triple/pentuple check that its activated, and see what the output is. Post it here or send me an email.

#17 2004-12-05 03:38:31

valdok
Website

Still nothing.

Is there something I need to be doing server-side? It doesn’t look like the plugin is even being run.

BTW — I was unable to install it via the “browse and install” function, I had to copy/paste it into the textarea and hit install. No plugins install for me with the browse/install fields.

Last edited by valdok (2004-12-05 04:25:28)

#18 2004-12-05 18:59:14

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

You’ve properly installed MagpieRSS, the plugin is activated, you have placed the <txp:txp_icio_us username="your_username" /> tag where you want to display your delicious links, and it doesn’t work? Nothing at all, not a single thing, is outputted?

There was a problem with MagPieRSS, something would be outputted. Either “requires MagPieRSS” or “unable to connect to del.icio.us”. If NOTHING is being outputted, then you either haven’t done the last two of the above, don’t have any del.icio.us links, or have filtered them all out through require/exclude.

#19 2004-12-05 19:50:10

valdok
Website

Magpie is installed. The plugin is active, and the tag is placed on a page. Nothing is outputted. I have a few test del.icio.us links under my account; and I’m not filtering them.

#20 2004-12-05 20:24:17

chrismc
Plugin Author
Website

I think del.icio.us is having a few problems at the moment – I know of a few sites that are missing their normal links list tonight… Maybe that’s the reason why it’s not working?

#21 2004-12-06 13:46:31

mjm

valdok- I have also tried installing this plugin many times and cannot get it to output anything.
I have tried it on RC1 and RC2.
I would really like to get this working too. Ill post any results if i get it working.

#22 2004-12-06 23:00:08

valdok
Website

Thanks, I was hoping it wasn’t just me. Now this leads me to believe it’s either something with Magpie or the plugin itself.

Update: I’ve tried installing it on other TXP installs on the same server, and I still get no output, even with the debugging reporting enabled.

This is one of those plugins that — if we get a stable version running — would be a huge huge huge asset to the popularity of TXP, I’m almost tempted to ask Dean to incorporate it natively into TXP, now that a lot of people seem to be using del.icio.us on a fairly regular basis.

#23 2004-12-06 23:10:41

nesher
Archived Plugin Author

I had done a del.icio.us/magpierss hack (not a plugin, just some php work) that i was using for my links on my site and my site started freakin out today (not sure when, could have been last night). I had to switch back to textpattern’s native links system till whatever’s wrong gets figured out.

#24 2004-12-06 23:22:59

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I think I figured it out. Stupid me not documenting it properly: The plugin requires a form, and uses “plainlinks” as its default form (same as txp:linklist in RC2 and maybe others). You can either specify a form form="theformname" or create a form called “plainlinks”. The available tags to use in this form are as follows:

• txp:link – outputs a link, the del.icio.us description field is the link text
  • txp:linkdesctitle – outputs a link, with the title of the link being the del.icio.us extended field
  • txp:link_description – outputs the del.icio.us extended field.

For example, the links on my website have the form:

&lt;txp:link /&gt; &lt;txp:link_description /&gt;

I’ll upload a version that will give an error if it doesn’t get a form. But I’m guessing this is the reason.

Oh yah, and I feel really dumb for not writing that the form was required.

Last edited by greenrift (2004-12-06 23:23:25)

Board footer