Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-05-21 18:23:23

marios2

Documentation Site

Dear People, …the image links on the documentation Site seem to be all broken for some reason.

Regards.Marios

#2 2020-05-21 19:47:59

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Documentation Site

Hi Marios – can you post an example URL where there are broken image links, please?

#3 2020-05-21 20:09:20

marios2

gaekwad wrote #323118:

Hi Marios – can you post an example URL where there are broken image links, please?

Here is one for example.
Another one here.

Yeah, I think those 2 where the ones.
(May be there is a 3rd one, but I can’t find it right now)

Regards.Marios

Last edited by marios2 (2020-05-21 20:15:35)

#4 2020-05-21 20:38:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thanks for the report, Marios, but the reason the images are missing is because those pages are going in the bin. We’re gradually recycling or ditching such content and making longer, more focused articles on the general concepts rather than panel-by-panel descriptions that benefit nobody.

The gradual migration is here.

As we shuffle things about and recycle any content worth keeping, things are going to break, sorry. We’ll try and keep the damage to a minimum.

EDIT: Note to self: finish the documentation or encourage others to help. The tags need updating for 4.8 at minimum.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-05-21 20:55:25)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#5 2020-05-21 21:10:47

marios2

Uuuh, … this will take some time until I can keep up. ( I’ve been out for too long )

The gradual migration is here.

Ok, .. I see.

EDIT: Note to self: finish the documentation or encourage others to help. The tags need updating for 4.8 at minimum.

But how to know which ones are new? ( Either on GitHub or Core dev thread?,… I have no clue.)

By the way, for what is this allow override feature in edit-write good for?

Last edited by marios2 (2020-05-21 21:12:35)

#6 2020-05-21 21:36:17

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

marios2 wrote #323126:

Uuuh, … this will take some time until I can keep up. ( I’ve been out for too long )

Hehe, don’t worry. Too few people doing too many jobs here, so stuff gets left behind!

But how to know which ones are new? ( Either on GitHub or Core dev thread?,… I have no clue.)

History.txt gives most of the info away about what’s new/changed. That’s what I use as my to-do list of tag and doc changes.

By the way, for what is this allow override feature in edit-write good for?

It allows you to pick one of your forms that have been grouped as type ‘Article’ for a particular article to use, instead of the one it would normally use (i.e. the one given in the <txp:article> or <txp:article_custom> tag).

That’s handy if, say, you want to assign an article a particular ‘look’. Maybe you push all articles of a certain type through a dedicated form to display them as features. If the articles don’t necessarily adhere to some easily-identifiable compartmentalisation (e.g. all in the same section or all in a particular category) then you can’t use the existing tags in your page templates to decide how to render them. The override form just gives authors the option to manually force a particular form to be used to render the article content instead.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-05-21 21:37:39)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer