Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-05-20 21:51:16

marios2

sharing plugin collection

Who is responsible for the textpattern.org disaster? I mean collecting all the plugins.

I have archived around 350 plugins which I have collected from numerous sources.
I would like to share the database with TXP Team members. It might well be, that this is a treasure trove.

( This does of course not mean, that they will all work with 4.8v, but anyway this is a start nevertheless.)

Thanks.Marios

Last edited by marios2 (2020-05-20 21:53:10)

#2 2020-05-20 21:57:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: sharing plugin collection

Wow, please please share those with us! Thank you for hoarding them ;)

With a lot of the original authors going away and their homepages becoming defunct or 404ing, it is sometimes difficult to get hold of old plugins that may still work, or tweak them to fit today’s Textpattern if they still hold value.

Phil is revamping the site in the background so if you’d like to zip them up and attach them to an issue in that repo (or mail the archive to one of us so we can do it if you don’t have a GitHub account) that would be awesome.

Last edited by Bloke (2020-05-20 21:58:30)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2020-05-21 04:46:35

marios2

Ok, …so the dbase name is textplosion1

user = admin1
pass = test1

You can download the zipped db export file from this location:

download (3MB)
The good news is, you can easily browse and export any plugin, since the plugin composer is installed as well.

Phil is revamping the site in the background so if you’d like to zip them up and attach them to an issue in that repo (or mail the archive to one of us so we can do it if you don’t have a GitHub account) that would be awesome.

Oh, this seems to be a quite awesome thing, …great news!

Just let me know if something doesn’t work, may be we can find another solution.

All the best.Marios

Last edited by marios2 (2020-05-21 05:54:46)

#4 2020-05-21 07:24:35

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

File downloaded and added as an issue: github.com/textpattern/textpattern-plugins-website/issues/9

Thanks, Marios!

#5 2020-05-21 12:41:55

marios2

I forgot to mention, the txp username and password are:

username: marios
password: pass

#6 2020-05-21 14:57:13

jakob
Admin
Website

Thanks Mario and nice to see you back!

I was curious so installed it locally. That’s a huge collection. For those interested, here’s the plugin list as a csv file copied directly from the plugin pane.

As you have probably surmised, some of them are now either no longer functional or no longer needed as many of the aspects that the smaller plugins addressed are now do-able in the core. Textpattern.org is now just as working version of the earlier site for posterity until the new plugin directory is up. Part of that will undoubtedly involve weeding out which plugins are no longer necessary so that the directory is truly useful.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#7 2020-05-21 15:05:15

marios2

jakob wrote #323104:

I was curious so installed it locally. That’s a huge collection. For those interested, here’s the plugin list as a csv file copied directly from the plugin pane.

perfect

As you have probably surmised, some of them are now either no longer functional or no longer needed as many of the aspects that the smaller plugins addressed are now do-able in the core. Textpattern.org is now just as working version of the earlier site for posterity until the new plugin directory is up. Part of that will undoubtedly involve weeding out which plugins are no longer necessary so that the directory is truly useful.

Yes this is well understood.

Steff mentioned today in another post, that sometimes it blows his mind, what is possible in TXP 4.8 with core tags.
So yes,.. the majority of those are redundant.

Regards.Marios

#8 2020-05-22 02:08:19

bici
Website Mastodon

jakob wrote #323104:

Thanks Mario and nice to see you back!

That list made me swoon! please weed at your earliest connivence …

…. texted postive

#9 2020-05-22 10:56:54

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

FYI I’m hoping to spend some time again on the new plugins site in a few days or so. It’s about 50% coded and we have a good idea now of how the site will stay updated and maintained.

There are scaffolding bits planned too that will potentially allow future Textpattern to check against newer plugin versions and (maybe) auto-update too. Quite a step forward.

Good thing is, this codebase is also going towards a similar functioning themes website.

Both are long overdue. Thanks for your collection of plugins and please be patient – it will happen!

Board footer