Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-05-03 14:51:05

baudouinvh
Website

migrating from wordpress to textpattern

I’d like to migrate the content from my WP blog to textpattern. Has it been successfully done ? I’ve searched and found only posts about exporting from textpattern to WP. Maybe I’ve missed one relevant to what I want to do ?

https://scriptor.pro

#2 2020-05-03 15:48:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: migrating from wordpress to textpattern

Hello and welcome to Textpattern.

The database table formats are different, but if you can export your WP content to CSV or XML format and tweak it to match the Textpattern database structure, then yes it can be imported.

There’s no official XML import plugin yet (although it’s fairly easy to create one, providing you can massage the WP content into the required format) though there’s a CSV import plugin if you prefer that route. Either way you’ll need to upload images and files separately at the moment. The degree of automation to apply to this process largely depends on how many images/files you have and how much content you have.

See this thread for a little more info and links.

If you need a hand with any of this, just reach out to us here and we’ll do what we can to help out.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer