You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2020-05-02 09:45:33

etc
Developer
Website

Re: txt_quote_single_close left after <txp:yield escape="textile" />

Bloke wrote #322788:

I guess we should be consistent.

Kinda false alert, sorry. Actually, on article save the current user’s language is used (English in my case), but escape happens (on the fly) on the public side, so strings are pulled from the site language (Russian). Not sure whether and how this should be changed.

#32 2020-05-02 10:18:47

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: txt_quote_single_close left after <txp:yield escape="textile" />

etc wrote #322790:

on article save the current user’s language is used (English in my case), but escape happens (on the fly) on the public side, so strings are pulled from the site language (Russian).

Ah yes. Interesting. Hadn’t considered that splitting the admin/site language would affect this. But yes, if we use the admin language to save, then the quotes will be stored using that language and thus rendered ‘incorrectly’ on the front end. English/French quotes would suffer, for example.

Don’t think there’s much we can do about this until we expand the back-end multi-lingual capabilities to have a language column in each content table.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer