Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-03-19 14:54:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Platform(s) to post Txp-related articles

Does anybody know of any industry-related (CMS) or design-related (web) magazines or blogs with fairly high readership? Could be online or print.

I’ve written a draft article on a particular Textpattern feature that I think is pretty unique. I figured we can either publish it on our blog or somewhere on textpattern.com and tweet about it. A lot. But it occurred to me that it might be better for the profile of Txp to see if anywhere else accept submissions for articles that highlight industry-beating features. I think it’s a pretty big deal.

It’s a pretty good article – no doubt room for improvement – written for those of us who know the CMS. If it were posted further afield to a fresh audience, it’ll need revising. I’m sure, with a judicial bit of editing from a keen eye or two in the community, that’s achievable. The question is, which rooftop to stand on to shout about it for the most relevant eyeballs to land on who’d be willing to give us a try because of this feature.

Does anyone have any specifics or ideas on such publications/blogs in existence? Thanks!

Last edited by Bloke (2020-03-19 15:36:22)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2020-03-19 15:40:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Platform(s) to post Txp-related articles

By the way, if anybody has any ideas for articles we should write to highlight particular aspects of Txp, either to put on our own blog, or to potentially post further afield if we find somewhere suitable, then please do raise them.

Even if you don’t write the articles yourself, please pitch ideas in here or to me directly via email. I’m keen to publish more often to highlight what makes Txp shine compared with the competition.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#3 2020-03-19 16:05:01

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2020-03-19 16:30:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thanks, Yiannis. Some good ideas there (though it doesn’t look as if the most promising contender, freesoftwaremagazine, has been updated for 5 years… drat!)

#5 2020-03-19 16:32:36

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Bloke wrote #322233:

Thanks, Yiannis. Some good ideas there (though it doesn’t look as if the most promising contender, freesoftwaremagazine, has been updated for 5 years… drat!)

I did not notice that! Sorry. I pulled them all out from my bookmarks.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2020-03-20 06:34:05

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Maybe… https://dev.to/

…Or, to catch a large audience but controversial, https://medium.com/

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#7 2020-03-20 10:22:46

zero
Website

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#8 2020-03-20 11:56:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Both dev.to and Smashing Magazine are excellent contenders. Thank you. dev.to would be useful for cross-posting the article as there don’t appear to be (m)any barriers to publishing.

Smashing Magazine is more editorial so might need a different slant to the content. Will mull it over with my marketing head on.

#9 2020-03-20 14:19:30

planeth
Plugin Author
Website

zero wrote #322240:

Smashing Magazine

+1

#10 2020-03-20 15:43:35

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

And what about //alistapart.com/?

#11 2020-03-20 15:55:03

Vienuolis

And spreading further, FLOSS Weekly on TWiT.TV.

#12 2020-03-20 16:33:53

Vienuolis

I think we could start from our website, //textpattern.com/about. Powerful, flexible, extensible, elegant, sophisticated — too general words, nothing about what makes this CMS different and unique. I have tried to explain the roots of security, robustness and flexibility of Textpattern are in initial separation principle, although my English is too weak. Not only text from hypertext, HTML from CSS, but also PHP (CMS) from TXP (XSL) are clearly separated, too. Images from files and from articles, sections from categories, categories from keywords are separated too. And categories are independent for articles, images, files, links in Textpattern CMS.

Board footer