Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2020-03-08 16:06:51

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [SOLVED] issues with mobile friendly test

This has been a ride! All issue on mobile devices now appear solved. Thanks so much Julian for all your attention and help!

I do agree with you I will need to start thinking of transitioning the site for mobile first and flex. Because of its size though, it’ll be quite a chore.

I have recently started redesigning my wife’s site and I am going towards that direction.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#26 2020-03-08 23:19:13

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

colak wrote #322100:

I do agree with you I will need to start thinking of transitioning the site for mobile first and flex. Because of its size though, it’ll be quite a chore.

What I have done for one not-so-small site where the owner only needed modernising the code base (basically like your Nemo) is work with two stylesheets, ‘old’ and ‘new’, and then working through the site section by section. When all was updated, I then flipped a few “flags” in the new stylesheet to apply some final changes (like the base font-size, the old site was using something minuscule). That took some two month of intermittent work.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#27 2020-03-09 04:59:41

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

phiw13 wrote #322102:

What I have done for one not-so-small site where the owner only needed modernising the code base (basically like your Nemo) is work with two stylesheets, ‘old’ and ‘new’, and then working through the site section by section. When all was updated, I then flipped a few “flags” in the new stylesheet to apply some final changes (like the base font-size, the old site was using something minuscule). That took some two month of intermittent work.

This is indeed how I have made the first transition to responsive site. A stylesheet for logged in users, else, the old one. The problem came with the texts, as unlike the rest of the sections, the images illustrate the articles and they are called within the body of the articles, not their custom_fields. This means that their sizes and positioning varies.

The rest of the sections are more standardised and they are more straight forward to update.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer