Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-03-01 01:54:45

Myusername

A question about links

I have been using textpattern on my website for a few months now, and I have always accessed the sections through domain.com/section or domain.com/section/. Both worked.

However, I now realize that the links are accessible only /section/, that is, with a slash at the end. When accessed via /section, the error page is displayed.

I did an installation on another site to test and everything seems normal as before, so I don’t know what I may have done or lost in an update.

Can someone tell me something?

#2 2020-03-01 11:51:27

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: A question about links

Could be due to the web server configuration and/or the order it tries URLs in. Apache? Nginx? Something else?

#3 2020-03-01 12:55:40

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Myusername wrote #322020:

I have always accessed the sections through domain.com/section or domain.com/section/. Both worked.

By default, txp produces slashed /secton/ links, unless you change (at your own risk) a hidden pref. Otherwise it would be impossible to distinguish between homonym /section and /title in e.g. title_only URL mode. Since there is no such ambiguity in other URL modes, /section pattern worked too, but were not officially supported.

However, I now realize that the links are accessible only /section/, that is, with a slash at the end. When accessed via /section, the error page is displayed.

I did an installation on another site to test and everything seems normal as before, so I don’t know what I may have done or lost in an update.

Could it be that you use multiple URL modes or have switched the default one to title_only, section_category or breadcrumb?

#4 2020-03-01 18:19:20

Myusername

etc wrote #322023:

By default, txp produces slashed /secton/ links, unless you change (at your own risk) a hidden pref. Otherwise it would be impossible to distinguish between homonym /section and /title in e.g. title_only URL mode. Since there is no such ambiguity in other URL modes, /section pattern worked too, but were not officially supported.

Truth! I didn’t really know that. I put all section links as section/title and went back to how it was before. It’s good to know this.

Thank you all.

Board footer