Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2020-02-21 21:20:21

orgallery

[SOLVED] Trouble accessing archived files in public site

I recently updated the version of Textpattern for our site www.orgallery.org/
It’s now running version 4.7.3. I can now see the index page for the public site and log into the administrative site (back end) again – these were previously showing error messages.

Most of the pages linked to on the index page show up, but tabs for “archives”, “publications”, etc (anything that would show a table of pages) goes to a 404 message. All of the old articles are still accessible through the admin pages.

I have no messages in my diagnostics panel. In Extensions tab > DB Manager I have the following error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_errno() in /home/orgallery/orgallery.org/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1870) : eval()’d code:331 Stack trace: #0 /home/orgallery/orgallery.org/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1989): rss_db_man(‘rss_db_man’, ‘’) #1 /home/orgallery/orgallery.org/textpattern/index.php(258): callback_event(‘rss_db_man’, ‘’, 0) #2 {main} thrown in /home/orgallery/orgallery.org/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1870) : eval()’d code on line 331

The txplib_misc.php file is sitting in the correct folder in the file tree, as far as I can tell. I have tried disabling and reenabling the rss_admin_db_manager plugin.

I am a true novice in using this software. I inherited as part of my job but the site was built by others before me. Very grateful for help!

Last edited by orgallery (2020-02-21 21:21:45)

#2 2020-02-21 21:34:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble accessing archived files in public site

Welcome to Textpattern.

First things first, it looks like the rss_admin_db_manager plugin needs updating. Try installing the .txt file from this version and see if things improve.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2020-02-22 15:12:26

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

orgallery wrote #321845:

I am a true novice in using this software. I inherited as part of my job but the site was built by others before me.

You can do this, let’s see if this helps:

• open this link in a browser window: github.com/Bloke/rss_admin_db_manager/releases/download/v4.5.1/rss_admin_db_manager_v4.5.1_zip.txt – it should download or display in your browser
  • in another browser tab or window, go to your Textpattern admin area
  • when you’re in the admin area, go to Admin -> Plugins
  • the way to upgrade the rss_admin_db_manager is to apply the new version over the old one
  • select the text from the displayed / downloaded text file linked above, copy it, paste it into the Install Plugin area at the top of the Plugins page
  • select Upload to make the magic happen

This will bump the plugin to the correct version.

This won’t affect why your 404 errors are appearing – but depending on the version of Textpattern you went from, I wonder whether some naming scheme restrictions might have tripped up somewhere. Older Textpattern releases were quite reckless liberal in what things could be called, and newer versions are more strict.

#4 2020-02-26 19:03:55

orgallery

Thanks, Bloke, gaekwad, for the suggestion to update the plugin. It seems to have uploaded fine but yes, the 404 is still showing. Any suggestions on how to approach the naming scheme idea?

Thanks again!

#5 2020-02-26 19:22:11

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

orgallery wrote #321942:

Thanks, Bloke, gaekwad, for the suggestion to update the plugin. It seems to have uploaded fine but yes, the 404 is still showing. Any suggestions on how to approach the naming scheme idea?

Thanks again!

Hi and welcome to txp.

Nice content!

When you go to admin>preferences>site and search for “Article URL pattern”. If it is set to messy, this might be the reason. You can try section/id/article as an alternative.

If it is not set to messy, it may mean that you either did not upload the latest htaccess file; your server does not support clean urls; or you may need to have the htaccess file edited to your server’s specs.

>Edited to add that your pages are there http://www.orgallery.org/publications may not work but http://www.orgallery.org/?s=publications does.

>Edit 2. I just revisited your site and noticed that the pages which work, are using clean urls. Possibly the /title schema. Could you go to the preferences and change that to /section/title and let us know if anything changes?

Last edited by colak (2020-02-26 19:39:13)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2020-02-27 19:58:25

orgallery

Yes, this seems to have fixed it! Thank you so much!!

#7 2020-02-27 20:02:57

bici
Website Mastodon

great news.

…. texted postive

#8 2020-02-28 05:30:06

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

orgallery wrote #321970:

Yes, this seems to have fixed it! Thank you so much!!

Great. It would be good if you updated txp to 4.8. It is freshly out and works wonderfully.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer