jakob
Admin
Website

NGOs

colak wrote #320906:

Well that was just an example.

I thought as much. It was just an idea.

and the site is just on me:(

Change that to a :-). It’s easier to do solutions for yourself than ones that have to work (or stick to “safe” means) for everyone.

The deeper type urls are very exciting and once we crack how they work, they will become indispensable!

I agree!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2 2020-01-07 17:26:27

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: NGOs

jakob wrote #320908:

Change that to a :-). It’s easier to do solutions for yourself than ones that have to work (or stick to “safe” means) for everyone.

It can be very frustrating as this experience is unique to Cyprus based NGOs that do not belong to millionaires. In the rest of Europe there appears to be more funding, including salaries.

ps. From the three people working for our NGO, only one gets paid a very small salary. According to our law, founding members are not allowed to financially benefit. We are not allowed funding for any website updates unless our ministry gains from it.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2020-01-07 18:00:13

jakob
Admin
Website

colak wrote #320910:

It can be very frustrating as this experience is unique to Cyprus based NGOs that do not belong to millionaires. In the rest of Europe there appears to be more funding, including salaries.

I meant more in terms of having the freedom to develop how-grown solutions that don’t have to work for everyone, but otherwise I understand, of course.

ps. From the three people working for our NGO, only one gets paid a very small salary. According to our law, founding members are not allowed to financially benefit. We are not allowed funding for any website updates unless our ministry gains from it.

The laws here in Germany are similar(ish). There are strict rules about what directors may/may not receive but there can be a paid manager/secretary and specific kinds of work packages can be assigned to directors, though it depends on what funds are being drawn on. Public funding or EU funding obviously has a defined objective that one should meet and invariably relates ultimately to a wider social / socio-political / cultural goal. Funding applications can include scoping for salaried positions to undertake the work packages outlined. I work in a more general capacity for several non-profits but must be a sub-contractor. I can be a member at the same time but not part of the executive or directorship. I know other founders of non-profits who have elected to step down from director positions in order to be able to do paid work in their organisation.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2020-01-07 19:08:48

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

During the one CE project we did, collaborating with NGOs in Croatia, Slovenia and the UK, we found that we were apparently the only ones who were not getting paid. It was a shock to me, as in Cyprus and Germany (I had no idea about it!!!) we are lead to believe that the EU does not allow it but there is obviously a window somewhere. We found this to be additional sponsorship from non central or federal State institutions, be it municipalities, companies, etc. In Cyprus, that sponsorship does not even cover a fraction of the remaining percentage we need to spend in order to receive the second instalment of the approved budget.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

1. Index
  2. » General discussions
  3. » NGOs

Board footer