colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

textpattern.info

Who runs this one?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2019-12-24 15:27:34

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Re: textpattern.info

That’s one of my sites. It’s already outdated. :-)

#3 2019-12-24 17:00:39

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

It’s the first time I came across it Petri. It would be cool if you updated it:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2019-12-25 15:20:38

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for showing interest towards that project, colak. :-]

That site is actually in it’s 2nd major version. In the first version I had made a plugin management system where authors could publish, edit and delete their plugins by sending special commands via email messages to a textpattern.info@ inbox. Before actually using it publicly I got worried it might (probably: would) get spammed, so that’s why the site now is how it is.

Coding the current version I wanted to extract useful information from the plugin files themselves, but they’re not standardized, so… So it’s more frustrating than fun to maintain.

#5 2019-12-25 15:27:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

We’re revamping the plugin repo so if you’d like to coordinate with us or share anything, just drop us a line.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#6 2019-12-25 18:56:59

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Well, maybe the collection of plugins from Textpattern.info is useful. It’s here. It’s surprisingly big task to make a useful plugin repository. :-]

#7 2019-12-25 22:48:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thank you. Downloaded.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#8 2019-12-26 09:31:08

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Let’s try and get the new plugin site up and running in quarter 1 2020. Not sure my current route of solely relying on github api is going to be satisfactory. Too many different workflows people use there (some people tag release, some people never tag, etc). Maybe a combination of manual and automated is the way to go (although I did want to automate the plugin site as much as possible).

Still thinking about it. Apart from that the structure of plugins site is quite far along with build and structure.

#9 2019-12-26 12:01:09

jakob
Admin
Website

philwareham wrote #320719:

Maybe a combination of manual and automated is the way to go (although I did want to automate the plugin site as much as possible).

Totally agree but that sounds wise. Perhaps either a semi-automated means of discovering new plugins / new releases and bringing in data from GitHub etc. for final manual curation (e.g. easing the transfer of information) or alternatively an interim collection repo on GitHub with an agreed format that curators, plugin authors and outside contributors can create PRs for. Just throwing out some ideas.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer