Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2019-12-15 10:43:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Multiple problems upgrading from 4.0.3

boyandin wrote #320542:

Site fails with error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘yield’ (T_YIELD)

All your upgrade problems are likely to stem from this. The upgrade scripts can’t get past this to run the rest of the upgrade and eradicate all the other errors you’re seeing.

If you’re trying to upgrade to 4.2.0 on a version of PHP > 5.5 you will run into problems. Your options are:

• Use a lower version of PHP to get to 4.2.0 and then increase that version to upgrade the rest of the way. You might even have to jump to 4.6 on the older version of PHP and then upgrade PHP to make the final leap to 4.7.3. It’s not something I’ve tried on high PHP 5.x systems.
  • Comment out (or remove) the Textpattern ‘yield’ function in ‘taghandlers.php’ and upgrade to 4.2.0.
  • Patch the ‘taghandlers.php’ file so that references to yield use tpt_yield instead. Use the current taghandlers for reference and make the changes to the registration call and the function itself.

Any of those should get you over this hurdle.

After that, if your version of PHP is still 5.6.x, you’ll continue to see the Strict Standards warnings, but you can ignore those. They’ll just be around until you move to a later Txp where we squashed those annoyances.

After first login under Textpattern 4.2.0 you will see the “Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’” error but navigating to another page on the admin side will clear it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#26 2019-12-15 10:49:17

boyandin

Bloke wrote #320550:

All your upgrade problems are likely to stem from this. The upgrade scripts can’t get past this to run the rest of the upgrade and eradicate all the other errors you’re seeing. …

Thanks for detailed pieces of advice! I’ll switch to OS where I can compile older PHP versions without much ado, and resume.

Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

#27 2019-12-15 18:28:58

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

The zip I have posted deals with all yield issues. I would try it, but back-up first.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer