2. » Core development
  3. » Dev news

#73 2019-12-10 22:53:10

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Dev news

etc wrote #320420:

You can replace id='<txp:yield name="id" />' with yield="id". Not big save in this case, but when using multiple attributes, yield="author, category, etc" becomes much shorter and more readable than

author='<txp:yield name="author" />' category='<txp:yield name="category" />' etc='<txp:yield name="etc" />'…

Thanks, the whole possibility is much clearer now.

Not related, but you also don’t really need if_yield check in your code.

Noted. When I originally wrote that snippet, I think it was kinda needed, but to be honest I don’t remember why that was.

~

Unfortunately, BBEdit is not up to date with php-textile, so you get a biased output.

Yes, known issue. I should try to remember to report it again. Still more than good enough for my needs and the editor is immensely more powerful than anything you may want to try in a textarea / contenteditable in a browser.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#74 2019-12-11 06:04:01

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

etc wrote #320421:

Yep, along these lines. Templates welcome.

OK – here is a first pass mock up.

The “Preview’ link (lime outline, because I can :-)) uses the “code” icon, same as the tagbuilder. I didn’t see anything in the collection that would really fit and the “eye“ icon is already in use on the View link under the Publish/Save button. I reused the code of the previous mini tabs; not sure if the div is technically needed and the ARIA code is probably in need of some improvement (there is some specific ARIA roles and so on for tab bar, need to look it up).

(Sandspace theme, because, and the link on the “HTML” tab is non-functional)

#75 2019-12-11 06:19:36

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

phiw13 wrote #320429:

like!

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#76 2019-12-11 11:57:55

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #320429:

I like it, but would move Preview link to New/Duplicate/View area.

Is this layout ok for everybody? I would then start by transferring HTML/Preview controls to the preview dialog.

#77 2019-12-11 12:19:35

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

etc wrote #320440:

I like it, but would move Preview link to New/Duplicate/View area.

Is this layout ok for everybody? I would then start by transferring HTML/Preview controls to the preview dialog.

Yes and no, I would keep the preview link in the write column but near the heading instead of by the main text area.

1. It’s a preview of what you are writing, not of what the final published page will look like (if moved to the publish button area its going to get confused with the view link that is already there).
  2. It’s a preview of all contents of the write column, not just the main text area.

#78 2019-12-11 12:27:11

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Agree with philwareham – putting that Preview link in the New/Duplicate/View area will ber very confusing.

@philwareham You would put the Preview link before the meta data block, yes?

#79 2019-12-11 12:40:18

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

phiw13 wrote #320442:

@philwareham You would put the Preview link before the meta data block, yes?

Basically where the (now removed) #view-modes div was, yes. Since it governs the whole of that region (title, main, excerpt, potentially custom fields one day, etc.).

#80 2019-12-11 12:46:14

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote #320441:

Yes and no

As you say :-) Currently the ‘previewable’ set is fixed (Title/Body/Excerpt), but this will surely change in cf branch. Which makes me think we should have a Preview link for every Textilable input rather than a common one, but it is future.

#81 2019-12-11 12:53:10

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

etc wrote #320444:

As you say :-) Currently the ‘previewable’ set is fixed (Title/Body/Excerpt), but this will surely change in cf branch. Which makes me think we should have a Preview link for every Textilable input rather than a common one, but it is future.

I guess we could prepare by putting preview links on both the main text area and excerpt text area. That would work. Obviously only previewing them individually. The title preview is of no real value anyway.

#82 2019-12-11 12:57:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

etc wrote #320444:

we should have a Preview link for every Textilable input rather than a common one, but it is future.

If we’re going that route, I’d rather investigate ProseMirror again and have togglable inputs on each textarea in conjunction with the Textfilter selector somehow. But, as you say, future.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#83 2019-12-11 12:59:46

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote #320445:

The title preview is of no real value anyway.

Agreed. If we had individual previews for Body and Excerpt, that’s fine by me if you can squeeze them into the UI.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#84 2019-12-11 13:47:10

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Just for educational purposes,

How WordPress would handle this in the Classic Editor. Users toggle back and forth between Visual and Text in the upper-right corner.

And their new Gutenberg Editor – adds a lot more features but kind of buries where you make the switch.

1. Index
  2. » Core development
  3. » Dev news

Board footer