Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-11-25 17:44:27

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

How to automatically update front-end themes please?

Hi,
I’m new to TXP 4.7.3 and the front-end themes,
I would like to make changes to the themes files and that they will automatically become live without the need to use the “Update from disc” in the themes tab please.
Currently when locally saving a file the changes does not show up, they only do if and after I use the “Update from disk”.

#2 2019-11-25 20:30:12

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: How to automatically update front-end themes please?

Hi Blue Dragon,

You can use etc_flat to automatically pull in changes you make to files but it’s not quite the same as rah_flat was.

• you need to be in test or debugging mode. In live mode it uses the database version.
  • You see a notice at the bottom of the pages and forms panels when it’s active.
  • it brings in changes to page templates and forms that already exist but if you add new ones in your file system, you must first to an “update from disk” operation before etc_flat notices them.

Once you get used to it, it works well.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2019-11-26 08:44:47

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

jakob wrote #320256:

You can use etc_flat to automatically pull in changes you make to files but it’s not quite the same as rah_flat was.

The latest rah_flat version should work fine in test and debug modes. Just note that, unlike etc_flat, db will be updated from disk on each visit, even if there were no changes. Moreover, if you are working on a “live” theme, changes will be immediately visible to unlogged visitors too. But this is ok if you are developing a local site version.

#4 2019-11-26 21:23:41

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

jakob wrote #320256:

You can use etc_flat

etc wrote #320258:

The latest rah_flat

Thank you both very much 💗
I will try both of these plugins and see how it goes 👍

Board footer