Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2019-05-11 11:57:55

zero
Website

Re: 5G

5G Apocalypse article and film

The film in the Mercola article doesn’t show up for me because I implemented the Nuclear Option that Destry posted. (Many other videos don’t show for me either)

So here’s a link just to the film on youtube.

Last edited by zero (2019-05-11 13:26:18)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#14 2019-05-11 12:55:42

uli

We could avoid letting G spy on us on Youtube by means of countless trackers and analytics by posting links to videos via invidio.us: In URLs simply replace youtube.com or youtu.be by invidio.us.

This is the above link changed to invidio.us:
www.invidio.us/watch?v=ol3tAxnNccY

The invidio (it is “io”, not “eo”) website works even with Javascript disabled.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#15 2019-05-11 13:27:38

zero
Website

uli wrote #317957:

We could avoid letting G spy on us on Youtube by means of countless trackers and analytics by posting links to videos via invidio.us: In URLs simply replace youtube.com or youtu.be by invidio.us.

This is the above link changed to invidio.us:
www.invidio.us/watch?v=ol3tAxnNccY

The invidio (it is “io”, not “eo”) website works even with Javascript disabled.

Thanks Uli, very handy to know. I’ve changed the link in the above post.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#16 2019-05-14 08:28:40

Destry
Website

Was just coming to mention Invidious.

You can actually install this Invidition FF extension for it too, and import a set of rules so that you don’t even have to do anything to direct a YT video to invidious.

Btw, HookTube, which I mentioned before in the ‘Decentralized alternatives’ thread is similar. (And look, you can watch a home birth. Yeah!) Just swap out ‘youtube’ in the URL for ‘hooktube’ and it directs there without giving YT the hit. Though in this case, I’ve noticed some videos won’t come through if the YT author set some config on the YT side. Could be YT is getting wise to these workarounds.

On the surface, I like the looks of Invidious better, though. It seems more sincere in what it’s doing; one simple thing to undermine YT, no website to grab your attention and show things I don’t want to see, etc. Confused Invidition with Invido.us. Not the same thing. So HookTube and Invidious seem to be alternate frontends to YT (and there are probably others), but Invidition is just the useful plugin that works with Invidio.us. I wonder if there’s such a plugin for hooktube. Probably could be, easily.

#17 2019-05-14 10:23:17

zero
Website

#18 2019-05-14 11:33:50

Destry
Website

zero wrote #317989:

but hooktube is not so useful any more.

Good to know. Thanks.

#19 2019-06-01 15:46:31

JimJoe
Website

I remember ‘end of the world’ predictions when I was a kid in the 1950s. My ‘Internet’ back then was two tin cans and some string. Learned that on Mr. Wizard, a kid’s show explaining science.

My childhood fun was reading a book, cycling down to the park, or watching 1 of 3 channels on tv. Or helping around the house. I’ve even done laundry by hand and hung the clothes to dry on clothes line. Cooked my own meals on a wood stove, etc. So, I’m not too concerned.

#20 2019-06-03 08:03:12

Destry
Website

JimJoe wrote #318349:

I remember ‘end of the world’ predictions when I was a kid in the 1950s.

I realize you’re probably responding to the 5G Apocalypse links Zero shared, and I completely agree with your sentiment that we would all be better off without so much technology in our lives, and especially the internet. If that is your sentiment.

But, regarding ‘end of world predictions’, we would be amiss to not to educate onlookers at this opportune moment by highlighting another facet of the predicament society is in 70 years and several billion more oil and coal guzzling people later. For one thing, a nuclear holocaust was easy to avoid. Just don’t push the red buttons. Climate crisis, on the other hand, is a reality now in motion and more akin to missiles already launched. Not much anyone can do about it.

Point is, we can be skeptical all we want about the value of ever-more technology (and I am off-the-scales pessimistic to the point I know it is killing us), but there is a true collapse scenario unfolding, whether or not people realize or accept. No predictions about it.

#21 2019-11-13 12:29:35

zero
Website

Mercola has posted a comprehensive summary of 5G which you probably already know but which includes a good little 8-minute video – 5G Whiz. I’m posting cos you might no longer find relevant Mercola articles in your search results on account of Google

I also don’t think I posted about how the EMF radiation affects our cells, ie the finer details of exactly what is going on. My summary: EMF activates Voltage-Gated Calcium Channels (VGCCs) in all our cells, allowing calcium to enter where it’s not supposed to, which most cells flush away, but this is constantly repeated, leading to all kinds of nasty things. View the hour long video with Martin Pall, its transcript and an article here.

Last edited by zero (2019-11-13 12:35:59)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#22 2019-11-13 13:41:01

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

zero wrote #320048:

Mercola has posted a comprehensive summary of 5G which you probably already know but which includes a good little 8-minute video – 5G Whiz.

According to the New York Times, most of the concern over 5G Health Risks are either one confused scientist or a plot by the Russians.

#23 2019-11-13 14:20:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Love it when “experts” start fighting and we’re caught in the middle. Who knows what to believe!

The bottom line is everyone’s right and everyone’s wrong and nobody will know until thirty years later when we’re either all crippled or have moved onto the next crisis. How many times has (dis)information been thrust upon us:

• Smoking is good for you as it lowers your heart rate and reduces anxiety… except it can kill you and those around you.
  • The pill is good for women to prevent unwanted pregnancies… except it can kill over time.
  • Artificial sweetener fights obesity… except it can promote metabolic dysfunction, cognitive impairment, ADHD and will, likely, be proved a carcinogen in a few years, but let’s tax sugar to promote its use anyway.

This is yet another issue in the long line of things we need to monitor. The only constants are:

1. the closer and more detail in which you study something, the more chance there is you’ll find something wrong.
  2. people will usually only read as far as the answers that satisfy their pre-conceived ideas. If you want to believe something’s safe, you’ll find information to satisfy that curiosity. If you want to believe it’s a danger, you’ll stop after reading the scare stories.

Cue Frank Turner who says it well…

Frank Turner

In a world that has decided
That it’s going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends
Try to be more kind

So before you go out searching
Don’t decide what you will find
Be more kind, my friends
Try to be more kind.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#24 2019-11-13 15:49:10

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

The problem is chronic. Release the technology and deal with the problems it causes later… and only if laws (or the market) force you to do so.

At the moment the laws internationally cannot keep up with iphone versions let alone, technology in general.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer