Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#181 2019-10-17 08:29:49

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: com_connect - form and contact mailer

Pat64 wrote #319748:

I noticed variable deals with strings only.

Am I right, Oleg?

Yes, all tags/attributes output is converted to string, so

<txp:php>
global $variable;
$variable['test'] = array(1, 2, 3);
</txp:php>

<txp:variable name="test" />

wouldn’t work. But

<txp:php>
global $variable;
$variable['test'] = true;
</txp:php>

<txp:variable name="test" />

is ok and outputs 1, which is the value of (string)true.

But I haven’t understood your question :-)

#182 2019-11-05 18:40:36

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Hi gang! Is there anyway to put a text input that must answer a question to stop spam? So if the value of the input field isnt ‘x’ the form won’t send? Thanks for any help!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#183 2019-11-05 18:51:53

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Or.. a handy use of the secret tag could be if only bots can see it? That you could put an input field in there and if it ever has content the form fails?

<txp:com_connect_secret label=“Dear user”> Please provide a useful example for this tag!
</txp:com_connect_secret>

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#184 2019-11-05 18:55:33

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi Hilary,

This small plugin did the job for me.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#185 2019-11-05 20:03:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

As far as I remember, the <com::connect_secret> tag doesn’t output anything that a human or bot could sink their teeth into. It’s an entirely server-based variable.

If you can wait a little while (or fancy beta testing when it’s done), I’m working on a potential ReCaptcha (v3) plugin that I hope will hook into com_connect and mem_form. And (if I’m careful) it should be applicable to comments. Started it today so it’s early days; I haven’t even run it yet so no idea if it’ll even work.

Google claim v3 of ReCaptcha works with zero user intervention as it now works on scoring how you interact with the page. So not even the “I’m not a robot” click. Allegedly. The tricky part is going to be how to decide what the plugin should do once it detects an “undesirable”. Whether it issues a hard-coded response or it marks the content somehow so some other action can be taken. Unsure. Watch this space or give me a shout if you have any ideas.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#186 2019-11-05 20:14:39

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

colak wrote #319937:

Hi Hilary,

This small plugin did the job for me.

Thanks Yiannis!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#187 2019-11-05 20:16:06

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #319939:

As far as I remember, the <com::connect_secret> tag doesn’t output anything that a human or bot could sink their teeth into. It’s an entirely server-based variable.

If you can wait a little while (or fancy beta testing when it’s done), I’m working on a potential ReCaptcha (v3) plugin that I hope will hook into com_connect and mem_form. And (if I’m careful) it should be applicable to comments. Started it today so it’s early days; I haven’t even run it yet so no idea if it’ll even work.

Google claim v3 of ReCaptcha works with zero user intervention as it now works on scoring how you interact with the page. So not even the “I’m not a robot” click. Allegedly. The tricky part is going to be how to decide what the plugin should do once it detects an “undesirable”. Whether it issues a hard-coded response or it marks the content somehow so some other action can be taken. Unsure. Watch this space or give me a shout if you have any ideas.

That sounds great Stef.. ya ideally you want to keep it simple but I know the robots are so sophisticated now they probably even have the adding numbers trick down.. recaptcha is very future proof, will keep an eye out! Thanks!

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#188 2019-11-11 10:09:35

Gallex

Bloke wrote #319939:

If you can wait a little while (or fancy beta testing when it’s done), I’m working on a potential ReCaptcha (v3) plugin that I hope will hook into com_connect and mem_form.

i very much hope that it will help, because today one client wrote to me, that few days ago he started to receive spam again. despite pap_contact_cleaner has been installed along with com_connect.
quite a while anybody hasn’t complained, but, looks it starts again… :(

#189 2019-11-11 11:59:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Gallex wrote #320001:

i very much hope that it will help

I’m not having much luck in my tests because everything I try and submit by hand using spammy keywords gets through, because I’m still interacting with the form “like a human”. I don’t know how to simulate being a bot to see if it works at all. I would expect ReCaptcha to stop human spammers too, but maybe it doesn’t do that? Not sure exactly, their docs aren’t clear.

Guess I could put it on a live site, then watch the traffic in the ReCaptcha admin console and see if it catches anything. You’re more than welcome to try the plugin. Drop me an email if you do and I’ll send the beta over.

Last edited by Bloke (2019-11-11 12:00:08)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#190 2019-11-11 12:18:42

Gallex

Bloke wrote #320002:

Guess I could put it on a live site, then watch the traffic in the ReCaptcha admin console and see if it catches anything. You’re more than welcome to try the plugin. Drop me an email if you do and I’ll send the beta over.

i would install it to my client website? margusson at gmail com

#191 2020-01-30 21:15:46

jrmartin
Website

Has anyone noticed that the pap_comconnect has stopped working on the latest version of Firefox? Still works fine in Chrome and Edge, where it returns “Thank you, your message has been sent.” In Firefox it just jumps to the top of the page, and the message isn’t sent. If I disable pap_comconnect it works fine.

james

#192 2020-01-30 22:02:28

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

jrmartin wrote #321437:

Has anyone noticed that the pap_comconnect has stopped working on the latest version of Firefox?
james

It works on my side, I think. – I can contact myself !

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer